HDMI-CEC seems to stop working after a couple of hours

48 hours for me on the USB build. Rock solid, as @rodhull says. Previous behaviour would have resulted in CEC lock up.

Thanks for confirming.

Just me still having issues then. Worth mentioning I did change the cec setting for behaviour on tv power off to ā€œignoreā€ from standby and a couple of other settings I canā€™t remember though - all about power on/off behaviour.

Iā€™ll try reimaging the usb again and leave them aloneā€¦

If it helps, I have (and have always had) ALL auto CEC stuff turned OFF on the Vero in the CEC settings.

So, no auto source switching or device power on/off at startup/shutdown, no standby/wake for screensaver, ā€œignoreā€ when TV switched off, no actions when switching to other sources, no AVR actions etc etc

This had always stood me in good stead for many years of using it.

I just select the Veroā€™s input on the TV (or AVR) menu when I want to watch it and away I go and can control it via the TV remote.

So far at least with this latest test build it looks like Iā€™m back to where I was before the September update in that regardā€¦

Everything should be as it was before the last update.

1 Like

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. Turned on the TV this morning and the Veroā€™s input has disappeared again from the TV menu.

Even when selecting it via the AVR, CEC control is not working. If I force the TV to try to control it it instead turns on the BD player connected to a different input. Also sound again has been forced out of the TV speakers for other HDMI-connected devices (specifically a Chromecast with Google TV). If I try to switch to the audio system for output it fails with a ā€œcommunication failureā€. This is exactly what happens when a faulty CEC device (the Vero in this case) hijacks the bus/chainā€¦

I have sent logs (unfortunately not debug though).

CEC is in the exact state it was before the last update, so I donā€™t think CEC on the Vero will be the cause here.

Your description sounds like an LA change - which can occur if a device was powered off during your testing.

Iā€™ll check the logs shortly.

Sam

Whatever it is, it never behaved like this before the September update and the whole chain/system can be fixed (temporarily) by restarting ā€œmediacenterā€ on the Vero or rebooting it, so thereā€™s something in there definitely causing the weirdness.

The September update on the Vero is the only thing that has changed/updated amongst my AV systemā€¦

1 Like

To clarify: does installing the previous version solve the issue?

Source selection shouldnā€™t really depend on CEC. Thereā€™s a big bump from SoC provider in the September update and a lot of changes to the HDMI TX PHY drivers. My suspicion is that the problem is there and there may not necessarily be any CEC issues.

1 Like

For me installing the previous version fixed the issue completely, yes. The Vero 4k had been previously continuously running for months on end without any issues and since rolling back to the previous version has remained rock solid, too.

I havenā€™t tried installing the pre-September version over the top yet since it will preclude me from being able to test any fixes from releases after the September update, but I had never had any issues prior to the September update so I can only assume it will be fine?

Mine is still misbehaving on the latest usb image build. Very strange!

Yes me too. I just sent some more debug logs. Strange after a long period (almost 3 days) without incident. Itā€™s done it twice today.

Same behaviour as before, lost the input from the TV menu, TV speakers activated instead of the AVR and no CEC when I switch to the Vero using the AVR.

Iā€™ve sent some more debug logs from another occurrence of this. Not sure if it is helping or not to be honest? I think Iā€™m going to have to reinstall the older release pre-September update since itā€™s causing too many issues on my setup now, so hopefully others can help debug this strange issue.

Unless you are providing the log link to someone by private message, you MUST provide the link here for anyone to see the logs.

I replied to Samā€™s message where he shared the link to the USB build with the link to my logsā€¦

I have also problem with latest OSMC and Vero 4k+. I have a samsung tv with soundbar and noticed that soundbar disappeared from hdmi. It screwed hdmi-s completely for me. If i tried to manually add it said my soundbar needs to be plugged in an earc hdmi port (which it was). I manually installed Samā€™s fix and now it seems it is ok, however my xbox input is gone from tv and i cant control it using tvā€™s remote. Something is definitely wrong with latest updateā€¦

Yes, Same here. Since the September update the Vero 4K+ is causing ARC issues between my LG TV & LG soundbar. The LG devices communicate to each other using Symlink (LGā€™s HDMI-CEC)

Issue: When I turn on the TV & Soundbar they should detect each other & activate ARC. Unfortunately, since the September update on the Vero 4K+, ARC is not being activated until I fully reboot the Vero 4K+. During the boot (showing of white logo on blue background) ARC is activated between TV & soundbar.

The Vero 4K+ is directly connected via HDMI to the TV and running THIS build on the Vero 4K+

Iā€™ve already tried disabling CEC completely in the Vero 4K+ (I donā€™t use it anyway.) But This didnā€™t change anything. Before the September update everything was running fine.

For now, I unplug the Vero 4K+ unless I need itā€¦

Thanks for checking this issue, If you want I can provide some logs in a few days!

Is there any progress with this issue?