HDMI control

I am having odd unwanted jumping of HDMI input on my TV when I press select on the vero to watch something.

It might well not be the Vero but would like to eliminate that as a possible cause, so does it have an ‘inteligent HDMI switching’ and if so is there an off ?

Thanks

Turn off all your devices (at the wall) wait 10 secs then turn them on again.

That would be “CEC” and if resetting the bus like Grahamh suggested doesn’t cure your issue, then the relevant settings would be found in settings>system>input>peripherals>CEC Adapter. Notable settings would include “switch source to this device on startup” (despite the name this controls more than just startup) and “connected to device” if your using a CEC enabled AVR/soundbar. Also note that there may very well be CEC controls in a display and other CEC devices connected to said display that may also enable unwanted switching behavior. These vary a lot and often come down to just playing with different settings until you produce the desired behavior.

EDIT: After typing the above I re-read the OP and perhaps this isn’t a CEC thing but rather the intended refresh rate switching. Basically the devices switches display modes to most closely match the source material. When this happens you will generally see a brief black screen and then your TV’s OSD may appear denoting a change in the display mode. This is normal and expected. If you want to minimize this you can change your UI refresh rate in settings>system>display to what you play most often. This would be 50hz for UK content for example, or in the US 59.97 for broadcast TV and 23.976 for most movies.

Many thanks both l turned off switch source to this device on start up and that sorted it.

2 Likes