HDMI issue (possibly refresh switching) with Vero 4K and Sony TV

OK Tom, will do tonight.

Would it be useful to try to replicate the behaviour with my rPi3, just to try to rule other stuff out?
I can use same file, same TV, same AVR, etc.

Well I enabled debugging last night and tried 4 times to make the blank screen effect show up so I could send a proper log, but I couldn’t. I don’t know if something has changed, but I couldn’t get it to do it again.

I have told the family to monitor it and see if it comes back.

I have a Sony tv and have experienced the same thing. I haven’t paid attention to the cause as I was more focused on trying to get trailers to play correctly, but I was messing with the same refresh rate settings. I’ll monitor this thread to see if your problems continue and I’ll try to see if I can make it happen again as well.

Thanks Greg. It’s useful to know I’m not the only one, and the fact you have a Sony TV too is interesting. Do you mind sharing the model number in case it’s significant?

I haven’t used the box much this weekend due to good weather, but I did experience the issue once with a brand new twist. This time the TV went blank when I started the file to play. I didn’t quite realise what was happening until the “Sony” logo came up on the screen, indicating that the TV had rebooted. After that I played the same file fine.

Yes it’s KDL-75W850C