HDMI to DVI no source after boot screen

So I have the RaspPi2, hooked to HDMI → HDMI/DVI converter (I think it’s passive, here’s the amazon link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CCVKQRM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) → then hooked into my DVI monitor.

My issue is that my Pi boots up, shows the OSMC splash screen, but then cuts the source and my monitor goes to power save mode. I unplug from my monitor to my TV with HDMI direct connection and I see my OSMC home screen, so I know everything is booting fine, it’s just a matter of something with the settings I’m doing wrong.

I already googled everything possible, trying to edit my config file to force hotplug and change the group and mode, and I have gotten nothing. Anyone with similar experience? Any ideas or solutions, and if I have a converter that just makes things more complicated, suggest one that works well out the box? TIA.

You nee to post your config.txt, and debug logs from the boot. This wil show what is being attempted for stablishing a display mode. You may do well to post the tv/monitor details as well.
What sometimes happens is that the EDID is not properly reported.
Derek

Sorry about that, here’s my config file, but I’m not sure where to find my debug logs from the boot. And the monitor is AOC Product Name: E2251sWDN, Model: 215LM00022 and since it won’t let me upload the config:

gpu_mem_1024=256 hdmi_force_hotplug=1 hdmi_drive=2 hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=4 config_hdmi_boost=4
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
disable_overscan=1
start_x=1
disable_splash=1
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
gpu_mem_256=112
sdtv_aspect=1
dtparam=gpio_in_pin=18
gpu_mem_512=144
dtparam=gpio_out_pin=17