HDR color shifting/flickering on vero 4k

Hi,

Im experiencing a color shift/flicker/dither(?) When playing hdr content on the vero 4k+
Its mostly noticeable in greys and darker scenes, and it can become quite a bit brighter and very noticeable

I saw a similar thread from around 5-6 years ago about a similar issue, with some workarounds but was wondering if there was any solution to the issue, or any setting I should change?
I was hoping theres some solution rather than a workaround

Im using an lg c1

Linking thread for reference HDR Slight flickering (Workaround available)

Thanks in advance

Can you confirm that you’re on the latest version of OSMC?

Is Vero connected directly to the display or going through another piece of equipment like an AV receiver?

Does the issue occur on all content or just some?

Sam

I’m on veraion 2023.05-1 kernel 4.9.269-26-osmc

I think its happening everywhere where the content is 4k hdr? Maybe hevc more specifically? I’ll look for some of my x264 content

And vero is connected directly

@sam_nazarko do you have any clue what might be the issue?

Not without any logs or further information, no.

What info exactly should i get and how?
Where are logs stored?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot: