HDR subtitles

Hi,

I just got the LG C8 last week. Unfortunately HDR subtitles are blindingly bright.
Does the Vero 4k+ handle those better or let you change the color to a dark grey?

There have been some requests re. this; so it’s something we’ll look in to.

Sam

1 Like

Thanks. I guess I’ll get a 4k+ once such a feature has been added.

If you switch to expert settings, you can switch subtitles color in player settings. I use Grey (it’s white anyway on c8, bu it is not blinding white).

I find the best colour for HDR subtitles (on the Vero 4K) is blue.

If you start a support ticket, I’ll send you a message when the changes have been made. But the suggestions above should do the trick in the interim.

Hi,

I also have problem with too bright subtitles. I use grey subtitles but I think there should be an option to choose very dark grey or something…

Best regards

Correct me if I’m wrong, but those subtitle color options in Player Settings only work with SRT subtitles, right? UHD-BDs usually have picture based subtitles (bitmaps)…

I use external subtitles for everything. I don’t like the look of pgs subtitles.

+1 on this. It would be great.

+1 to dark gray, hdr needs darker subs.

Hi,

I’m also interested on PGS subtitles brightness, I now they are bitmaps but maybe you could play a little bit with alpha opacity (I’ve no idea if that is possible on overlaying bitmaps).

Regards.

1 Like