HDR too dark on TV

The GUI is affect while playing these clips, like the video OSD with play and pause buttons, but goes back to normal when the clip ends. here’s a picture of the general effect from another user.

I intentionally re-encoded with wrong mastering display metadata (MediaInfo labels it Mastering display color primaries) that should clearly change the way the video looks if it was being applied directly. I don’t really know how these numbers actually work, and when I slapped an extra zero on them I ended up wrapping around the 16bit value so “doctorG” and “doctorWP” ended up with lower values rather than higher, but these should be helpful for a quick and obvious look at how a display or device utilizes them.

MediaInfo shows the expected info for all of these, so no, I don’t think it can. I wonder if potentially all remuxes are affected, and the extent of the dimness comes down to other factors of the video.

Edit: sorry for putting that out there, testing with The Matrix and Pacific Rim convinces me that’s not true. Those remuxes are good on the Vero, and I ripped Pacific Rim from my disc with MakeMKV v1.12.0.