Heat issue rpi3

Since a week or two I’m having heat issues with my rpi3 running the latest osmc (and sonarr, nzbget,cp)
Anyone else having these issues?

Hi,

I’m not aware any other reports of heating issue with the pi3, so;

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Tom

I know that this is. Will fix it shortly and send you some test instructions.

https://paste.osmc.tv/haxadexuqi

P.S. this was after I unplugged everything from the pi and let it cool down, then rebooted.

I don’t have the “thermometer” symbol anymore, so not sure if the log will be helpful.

I don’t need any logs. Aware of the problem

Thanks Sam, u da man!:wink:

Is running the pi while being so hot bad for the device? I assume it uses more power since something is running at max. Performance, right?

Although the general wisdom is that running a CPU hot reduces its lifespan it shouldn’t really be of any concern as it will most likely outlive other components on that board anyway, It’s been awhile since I last read up on the subject but I think with PC CPU’s they were talking about losing a couple years off of a couple decades of running 24/7. The RPi monitors its temperature and will throttle itself back if needed to stay within operating specs. The only time this doesn’t happen is if you set force turbo, which you didn’t, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

You can keep an eye on your temperature by entering the command line below (by using an SSH client)

/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp

Thanks!
62.3 C… not doing anything with the pi right now.
Normal temperature?

Same issue again. Not playing anything, idle osmc. Temp is 80.6 C.

Any news Sam?

I haven’t had a chance to address this yet.

This has now been solved.