Help Manually Deleting TVHeadEnd

Hi, I am wondering how to remotely (via Putty or WinSCP) remove TVHeadEnd. I’m having problems with it and I think it would do we good to wipe it out and start from scratch.

I’ve tried to delete from the Vero4k box itself, but it seems to come back on its own. Plus, if I go to my computer and browse to veroIPaddress_:9981 the GUI is still there.

Using WinSCP, I easily find files that match *tvhead* and it finds loads of files and directories. This is what it finds:

/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/tvheadend.service
/etc/osmc/apps.d/armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc
/usr/bin/tvheadend
/usr/share/man/man1/tvheadend.1
/usr/share/tvheadend/src/webui/static/app/tvheadend.js
/var/run/tvheadend.pid
/var/lib/dpkg/info/armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc.preinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc.prerm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc.debian-binary
/var/cache/apt/archives/armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc_4.2.6-1_armhf.deb
/lib/systemd/system/tvheadend.service

Can I just go into my Vero4k using WinSCP and delete a few files and directories and effectively get rid of TVHeadEnd? If yes, what folders should I get rid of? Will it cause any other weirdness to happen on my Vero which currently plays movie files from DVD rips without issue?

I am trying to get a PVR system working using my HDHomeRun, Vero 4K and a NAS and am having endless issues. I think getting rid of my half baked attempts at installing TVHeadEnd might be a good place to start.

Thanks.

You can uninstall it from the App Store.

If you want to start everything fresh:

sudo apt-get remove --purge armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc && rm -rf /home/osmc/.hts

Thanks Sam,

Before I say YES, do I type sudo- apt autoremove afterwards? It seems like the command you told me to use might leave some stuff behind.

sshot-1

If you are re-installing, no need.

I am, but was hoping to install it from my computer so I don’t have to go running up 3 flights of stairs and back and forth between my computer and my Vero. Is there a sudo type command I can use to install TVHeadEnd from my Windows PC?

sudo apt-get install armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc

Thank you very much @sam_nazarko!

1 Like