Help please - install issue

With an Ethernet cable you should see OSMC_Pi1 and OSMC_pi2.

NOOBS was cut down to include only Raspbian as with the increasing # of distributions added, it consumed a lot of space to keep them on SD, particularly when a user may not use all of them.

Ahhh ok, that makes sense, I didn’t have the pi connected via ethernet. I think that is probably my best bet eg download NOOBS again and hook up via ethernet and download osmc via there… genuinely lost for any other way forward that doesn’t involved repeatedly hitting my head off a wall!

Do you intend on using a noobs install or are you just trying to make something work?

I’m just trying to get any install method to work at this point in all honesty. I know it’s me that’s doing or done something wrong as there are thousands of you using the installer etc without any problem but I have no clue what else to double check or do differently that I haven’t already tried

So than I suggest if the NOOBS card boots (with a HDMI picture) try to go from there. Connect a ethernet cable (with Internet) and do a NOOBS install of OSMC. After that is successful we can see from there.