Help understand physical connections

I just purchased the Vero 4k and I am definitely a noobie but I am also a quick learner. I have read the Wiki articles on PVR backends and frontends but I am still confused about physical connections. My TV is a new Sony 4k. I have a good HDTV antenna in the attic that works fine. I own a Raspberry Pi 3 and a HAUPPAUGE WinTV-DualHD USB 2.0 TV Tuner. I was thinking that to get live TV through my Vero 4k I need to plug the antenna into the HAUPPAUGE, plug the HAUPPAUGE into my Pi 3, connect the Pi 3 to the Vero and then maybe burn some incense or something. Also, I think I need to get a Linux distro onto my Pi 3 that plays nice with MythTV and with the Vero. I am 67 years old so keep the laughing down, will ya? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Phil

P.S. I know that I could just plug the antenna cable into the Sony TV but what fun would that be?!

I think you may need to clarify your aims.
If you plug the Hauppage Tuner into the Pi3, then you’ll only get live |TV at the output from the Pi3, which you cannot use as input to Vero. You could, however, either plug the tuner ito the vero ‘directly’ (on USB), or else record the media using the Pi3 and then replay with the Vero.
Although I don’t have any such setup, I believe this topic has been well discuss in these fora (qv), and you can get a lot of the detail about the available addons there.
Derek

Derek . . .

Thank you for your quick response. I’ll do some more checking on these forums to get the help I need. Thanks! Phil

I think you are looking for a TVHeadend setup