Help with my TV tuner

Tried setting up my TV tuner on Vero 4K+ today - it’s a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q, which should be Linux compatible. I installed Tvheadend from the app store and can log into the web interface, but it seems my device is not detected.
How can I verify this? There is no lsusb command in OSMC, is there something comparable?
Am I barking up the completely wrong tree here? Sorry, I’m quite new to this. FYI I’m in US and have cable.

sudo apt-get install usbutils

Please post logs.

sudo apt-get install usbutils

Thank you!
That worked.

The WinTV device is obviously being recognized, see this console output:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 2040:b123 Hauppauge

So, what should I be doing next? How do I incorporate a certain driver in the code base?

Thanks

See above

Please post logs.

Here is a brief log, including a reboot. Let me know if it is of any use, thanks!

Hmmm. I don’t think the right modules are being loaded to support it. Maybe @sam_nazarko can have a look.

There’s no support for this tuner at this time unfortunately.

Sam

Oh. :slightly_frowning_face: Is this related to OSMC using the ancient 3.14 kernel? The device I mentioned is in kernel > 4.1. While you are still working on transitioning to 4.14 (which I saw you mentioning in this thread), is there a way I could recompile 3.14 with support for cx23102?

The 3.14 kernel isn’t really ancient, in the same way RH 2.6.32 kernels aren’t really 2.6.32.

Our DVB branch is currently based on 4.9 media_build tree.
I’ll see if I can improve support for this shortly.

I’ve made a note of this and will check things out

Sam

Thanks Sam, appreciate it. If there’s a way for a mere mortal to help, then please let me know :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. Where is the list of supported TV devices? Currently I only see them mentioned in forum posts here and there.

There’s no exact list, as devices vary on VID/PID (not just brand name)

Sam

Even a list by chipset would be very useful.