Hide thumbnails

Hello guys. I don’t know if it depends on the fact that yesterday I updated OSMC or on the fact that today I did Manual Control → Reset Kodi on next reboot, but starting today I noticed that when I go to Videos → File to select the video I want to play I can see a Thumbnails on the left of the screen.

I dislike thumbnails because they can be a spoiler so can you please tell me how can I hide thumbnails?
I already went on Media → Videos → Library and set ‘None’ in Artwork level, but I can still see the thumbnails.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

If you haven’t scraped this content into a library the only reason I can think of that they would be there is if you had the art sitting in the same location in the file system or if you had extract information from files turned on in settings>media>video.

Once the thumbnail has been tagged changing any settings AFAIK is not going to make them go away. I think you would have to either have to set them to none manually one by one or else delete your thumbnails folder at the OS level.

When playing a video I can see on the time bar the chapters markers.
I disabled ’Extract chapter thummbnails for presentation in the chapters/bookmarks dialogue. This might increase CPU load’ option, but I still see them.

Do I have to clear them from cache? And how?

Thanks a lot

I moved your new thread here as it was pretty closely related. I do believe you would have to manually clear the cache. To do so you would have to access the terminal and run the following…

systemctl stop mediacenter
rm -fr /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/*
rm /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
systemctl start mediacenter

Information on how to access the terminal can be found here…

this worked for video thumbnails, but not for chapters markers.
How and where are chapters stored?

TBH chapter markers are not something I’ve ever spent time looking into. I believe the answer is “it depends” as in different types of files, different types of markers, a number of places they can get come from. This topic would probably be best searched out and possibly asked over on the Kodi forum if a web search can’t provide you with the answers. I hope you can appreciate this is a very niche thing that is more Kodi than OSMC.

I checked and chapters are embedded in my file so it is not related on scraping chapters informations and saving them on cache.

The only thing needed is how to disable chapter markers visualization while playing the video.
Do you know how to do it? Or maybe is better to create a brand new topic (since is not related to cache)?

I’m fairly confident there isn’t going to be any kind of UI control over that particular aspect of a skin. You could try different skins to see if one was more suited to your preferences but with that specific request I think you would be looking at figuring out how to manually modify whatever skin your using. Skin modification isn’t something that we provide help with on this forum.

Ok I’ll investigate on that.
Thanks a lot

1 Like