HifiBerry Digi+ stopped being recognized after May Update on RPI 3

It would help having that module…

Thanks. @nazarko needs to add CONFIG_I2C_BCM2835 to the default configurations.

Doesn’t work here either…

It looks like this stopped working when we moved from 4.4. Some CONFIG_ options change as parts of the Raspberry Pi kernel have become more unified and due to upstreaming efforts.

I’m building a new kernel now with this option enabled which will hopefully resolve this. I’ll ping you when it’s ready.

On 4.4 we used i2c_bcm2708, which is enabled, so you wouldn’t have noticed i2c_bcm2835 being absent.

And it would be nice if you could remove the “-overlay” from the overlay names…

They are on their way out. This is however a relic of how we handle overlay support in My OSMC.

:sunglasses:

It would be great if we could test this kernel now.

wget "https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvepk50no24t17x/rbp2-kernel-mk2.deb?dl=1" -O kernel.deb
sudo dpkg -i kernel.deb
sudo reboot

Cheers

1 Like

It works! Thanks.

osmc@osmc:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi], device 0: HifiBerry Digi HiFi wm8804-spdif-0 []
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Excellent. Thanks for testing quickly.

We owe Dom and Phil a thanks for the pointers :slight_smile:

I have a doubt. I am also suffering from crashed/freezings while trying to play HEVC files.

I did noticed that this is also marked as solved already, with an update I applied this updates and unfortunatelly I have lost my HifiBerry Digi+ again.

Can I reinstall the latest updated kernel that solved this issue?

Yes – when we have a bit more feedback (waiting for confirmation that 8192EU works), I’ll push the kernel.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch sam, it’s working again on my rpi2 with hifiberry digi+!

Thanks guys, my HiFiBerry DAC+ is working again :smile:

Working here too!
Thank you sam_nazarko for your efforts, and thanks to Dom and Phil.
much appreciated.

My HifiBerry Digi+ is also working again:

osmc@carl:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi], device 0: HifiBerry Digi HiFi wm8804-spdif-0
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

And this kernel also fixed an other problem I had after the update. My i2c-bus wasn’t working after the update (I need this for my character LCD), but it’s now working again :slight_smile:

Great work Sam!

Wow. That’s efficiency. Great work & thanks.

Same problem with Justboom Digi. Fixed with this kernel. Thanks!

Is there an official update/hotfix for this ?
Nothing when going into manual update check. Have two rasp with kodi, not fan of going command line on both to get DAC+ working again.