How can I see if HDR 10 works?

Hello, I`m new here and new with a Vero4k+. I read some (older) threads about HDR 10 in OSMC. It seems to be included now.
Which settings do I have to use for 4k HDR10? Does this work automatically?
How can I verify, if HDR 10 works. TV and AVR work fine with HDR 10/10+ and DolbyVision.

Thanks

marpiet

Yes.

Your TV will probably give you an on-screen message when you start a video.

It is common on TV’s and some AVR’s that you must enable a specific setting to enable HDR. For example on LG televisions HDR is enabled by default for the internal player and apps but not for external devices. There is an option buried in the settings called “HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color” that must be enabled for the port the device is connected though in order for HDR to activate. Consult the manuals for your equipment.

As for the settings on the Vero…

Summary

We recommend people with 4K TV’s set their user interface (UI) to 1080p. Kodi’s UI is not optimized for 4K yet and this can put unnecessary demands on your device and can lead to a suboptimal picture quality, as well as potentially cause other issues.

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty)
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K. If you have any doubt, feel free to upload some logs so we can verify that your settings are indeed correct.

Thanks for your answers.

That was what I m looking for:

cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config

• and HDR10 works fine with the vero 4k+ :slightly_smiling_face:

marpiet