How long should it take to migrate add-ons?

I’m upgrading to Krypton today. The add-on migration step has been in progress for about 1.5 hours. I think I have about 80 add-ons installed. Is that normal or is it hung? This is on a rpi 2 with a good connection.

More then likely some of the add-ons are not updated for the new version yet.

That’s true but how long should it take to migrate? It’s been at that stage for 2 hours now.

Upon reboot it goes back to Add-on migration in progress

Your addons are likely not compatible

The banner thread will help you as that answers most problems

I have about 9 OSMC pi boxes and they have taken 30 min to 60 min or so. Some only have a few add-ons and some have maybe 20 but before I did it I erased a lot of them that I wasn’t using or have not used in a long time your problem is the reason why I deleted them because I heard that it can take a long time. A lot of the devs have not upgraded to the new build yet. If I decide to use them again I can just download them and see if it will work.

I ended up renaming a file in the database folder and that let osmc start up but it appears I’ll need to reinstall the addons. My remote didn’t work either but there’s a udev rule available for download that solved that issue. I guess I’ll keep krypton. Menu navigation seems to be as fast on this rpi 2 as it was for jarvis.

One more note. My addons showed in the my addons section but they were disabled. So as I use them I try to update them if they don’t update then I just enable them and see if they work. Not too bad.

Yes – this is explained in the blog post. They are disabled by default for compatibility reasons