How to copy my configuration to a new Vero 4k

I’ve seen several posts like this, but just making sure…

I just purchased a second Vero 4k for my Theater Room and I already have one configured in my Living Room.

I backed up my Settings in Interface -> Skins AND my Settings in Media -> Video. Is there anything else I need in order to have a duplicate/backup environment? I have separate, local terabytes in each room with identical libraries. I’m thinking I will be able to just do a Interface -> Skins -> Restore and I’ll be in business.

I’m not sure I actually need to backup the Media -> Video since it’s already backed up on the other drive, but anyway - does my approach sound good?

How did you back them up? Did you use the backup function of MyOSMC?

Why would you do this? Having the media shared would save space.

It sounds like you’re backing up using some function of the specific skin you are using. That likely will miss any non-skin setting and all the settings for you addons (and even what addons you have installed). I would definitely use the backup in myOSMC, as it can pickup everything in the kodi user directory (.kodi on the Vero 4k) and let you restore that to another device running OSMC. I used myOSMC backup when I moved from OSMC on a Raspberry Pi to the Vero 4k. It’s basically seamless.

1 Like

Two reasons… one, I’ve lost a hard drive before, so I want to have a backup anyway. and two, I have trouble with my Wifi… someitimes it’s just not fast enough to stream HD.

Have you tried a powerline adapter?

1 Like