How to enable debug logging via the command line

Hi,

I went to use my Vero 4K last night for the first time in a few months, and was prompted to install an update. There were over 600 packages to install, so it seemed pretty major. After installing it, I’m getting no video - which is not overly surprising as I’ve a “special” TV that has required
sudo fw_setenv outputmode 1080p60hzforce
sudo fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hzforce
in the past - though that may have changed I think - after a previous update and advice from Sam.

Anyway - having tried setting 1080p60hz (unforced) without success, I wanted to capture some logs to post a question - but I don’t know how to turn on debug logging from the command line since I can’t do it via the gui. (ssh access is working fine and I’m not seeing any obvious problems in the logs, besides perhaps “Can’t find timing exact match for 1920 x 1080 x 60” in dmesg.)

So step 1 - where are the instructions for enabling debug logs from the command line - I looked but couldn’t find them.

Thanks!
John

While it might be enough to investigate your problem with normal logs, here how to enable Debug logging without GUI

nano .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

And add a section as below

<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel>1</loglevel>  
</advancedsettings>

Thank you! Yes, agree re normal logs - but if you guys had a cent for every time you’ve written “please provide full logs” etc, you’d be very rich I’m guessing. The support you provide us is amazing, so we best do our bit to support you

1 Like

I suspect you need to restart kodi after editing advancedsettings
systemctl restart medaicenter

1 Like