How to get/install Youtube application?

Hi there :slight_smile:
I see there : YouTube in 4K?
it’s possible to get Youtube on Vero 4k. But I don’t find the way to get it. In My OSMC > App Store, I don’t see Youtube (or another application). I’m a newbie, thanks for your kindness :slight_smile:

The first thing to say is, you can’t install applications on the Vero 4K+. (Well, in theory you could, but that isn’t how it is designed to be used). It is designed to run only one application - Kodi. Once the box boots up you are running Kodi, and you won’t ever see anything else.

However, Kodi supports some things called “Add-Ons”, some of which allow access to online video services, e.g. YouTube. This may sound like I’m splitting hairs, but it’s important to understand that using a Kodi add-on is often a rather less “smooth” experience than using a dedicated app, and the UI will always look like Kodi - it has a different look and feel from a dedicated YouTube app on another device.

From the main menu, if you go into Settings, Add-on browser, Install from repository, Kodi Add-on repository, you should be able to find the add-on for YouTube; this will let you play YouTube material.

If you actually want to sign in to YouTube via Kodi (to look at your subscribed channels, for example), that is considerably more complicated. You can find some information about that here:

Hello
Thank you for the explanation, this is what I searched.
Even being logged out, it seems I have to use API keys. This is what a message says when I made a basic search on the interface.
I need to have a look deeper, it is more complicated I’ve expected.

IIRC you won’t get 4k unless you set up a personal API.

I just want a Youtube access, whatever the quality :slight_smile: