How to install MythTV backend on OSMC

So I found the MythTV frontend in the disabled add ons, but I still need to get the back end up and running on my Rasp Pi 2 with the latest OSMC installed. Unfortunately, I do not know how to do this. Can anyone help me through this process? It would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a template you can just copy, paste, and fill in as needed:
Device: Rasp Pi 2
Ram: 1024
Installation media: SDcard
Connection: Wired
Power Supply Type: Phone Adapter
Power specs:
Peripherals: USB HUB with External HD (ext4)
Audio/Video Output: HDMI

according to their wiki its not recommended to run mythtv on a rpi but i could be wrong since i never tried myself.

Currently I’m using an RPi2 to stream my movies and TV shows directly to my TV, so I would really like to try and get my Live TV running on this as well (then I have everything in one). Live TV is even included in the main menu and PVR clients are pre-installed. So why would it not be recommended?

best that i could find hope this helps

This tells me to install Raspbian which I of course do not want to do since I have already installed OSMC on my RPi, would this guide also work for OSMC?

Yeah since 99% of raspbian still is debian

OSMC is, in simple terms, based on Raspbian/Debian. So, will it work? Maybe… Try it and see…

Though everything google points to says running backend and frontend on the same Pi is not gonna work…

1 Like

So what if I use my PC as a backend and still use the frontend on my Pi? Would that be an option?

I’m pretty certain that’s how the system was designed to work.

Thanks. I’m just dumb and new to this

No dumb users, just a matter of asking the right people the right things.

1 Like