How to replace background

Interesting, I didn’t know that. This seems to be a more relevant thread: Should I configure Kodi with 2160p (4K) or 1080p resolution (upscaling)?

Yes – bit more here: New Vero 4k User initial setup - #2 by sam_nazarko.

Sam

Any idea why there are two 1920x1080p options and if it matters which one I select?

EDIT: I think I may have figured out why my image looks so bad, even in the screenshot above which is captured when running at 1080p. The image is larger than 1080p, although it’s 4:3. It seems that Kodi by default stretches the background image to fit, so that’s been applied, at apparently pretty low quality. I think “scale” would be a better choice for the OSMC skin background image @BobCratchett

EDIT2: Cropping & resizing the image to 1920x1080 on a computer led to much better-looking results, although it would be nice if this workaround wasn’t necessary.

No, unless you’ve previously used a skin that uses the Skin Shortcuts script but doesn’t provide such submenu items (menu items are shared between skins which use the script) - in which case, try resetting your menu from the skin settings.

Probably :wink: I’ll do some checks to make sure it doesn’t cause any of those unforeseen issues that so often crop up with what seems like a simple change and see what we can do…

1 Like

Hi there,

I read some topics about removing the blue-fade from my background, i did success few months ago.
But some updates changed that and now i would like to use the QuickFix but i dont really understand how…

Do i need to take all of the git, just the quickfixs ?

And what’s the path of (couldn’t find it in putty) :

I hope this thread isn’t too old,
Thanks for your help.

EDIT :

I figured out myself thanks for the work you are doing here (i used the git).
http://imgur.com/a/cRaQI
(40% black fade, that is now BEAUTIFULL)

1 Like

like others who have found this post, can this new skin be implemented in OSMC as the default? the blue overlay really is annoying for us newbs and literally took me about 2 days of searching to find a way to get rid of it. This version of the skin is much better IMO.

thanks bob for posting the links!!

1 Like

The changes will be included in the next OSMC update.

Sam

2 Likes