How to SFTP Access

I have 2 Raspberry 3 with OSMC, I would connect through SFTP the first raspberry for access to second raspberry files. At the moment I use smartphone app for access remotely (external my home) to RPi files or FileZilla on my PC.

Regards.

Add it as a source in the file manager and then it will be available to add it to your library.

1 Like

I have added on Setting->file manager of osmc the following link but not working:
sftp://user:password@ExternalLinkToRaspberryDDNS:PortExternal/directory/directory1/

after adding the osmc file manager link delete user: password@ and the link becomes:
sftp://ExternalLinkToRaspberryDDNS:PortExternal/directory/directory1/

but does not work.

What could I try to do?
Thanks.
BR

Have you tried connecting from the command line to see if sftp server is available?

Where is the directory on the server Pi? Is it in /home/osmc?

And if you have the SSH port opened on your network, I hope that you did change the default osmc password.

Yes I have change my osmc and root password in my first and second raspberry.

Through pc with VideoLAN (vlc) I connect correctly to my first raspberry and I use the following

sftp://user:password@ExternalLinkToRaspberryDDNS:PortExternal/directory/directory1/video.avi

I think I see the problem. You changed the ssh port (like recommended) away from 22.

You could try this:

sftp://user:password@ExternalLinkToRaspberryDDNS:PortExternal:/directory/directory1/

Notice the extra : after PortExternal

If that does not work, you could use fstab and sshfs. An fstab line would look something like this:

user@ip.of.my.server:directory fuse.sshfs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,user,transform_symlinks,user=<username>,pass=<password>,port=<portonserver>,allow_other,default_permissions,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

I haven’t played with this at all, so I have no idea if it will really work.

For more info about fstab: Configuring fstab based Samba share mounts