How to start Playing Music

After many years my osmc system crashed. So I downloaded the latest Image and created a new System. After inital configuration I thought that I could start selecting radio stations. No success. What did I do wrong or where do I have to look to select a radio station or program or tv or video or anything I used to enjoy with my old system? Presumable the same version. Thanks for help

Well how did you get your radio stations in the past? There is basically no change of the OSMC system in that regards.
Either you got Radio from a real tuner (e.g. via tvheadend) or you use internet radio streams (e.g. by installing the radio addon via Settings → Addons Browser)

The first stop to getting information about how to setup and use Kodi is their extensive wiki.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Quick_start_guide

1 Like

Well, yes you are right. I found ways to play music.
The system seems entirely new. Since I am still used to the old system (allthough always kept updated) many things seem new.
Thanks for your help

Thank you

Can you tell us from when your old system was?
And can you name a single thing that has changed?

I used OSMC for many years and was very satisfied! I don’t remeber what system it initially was, but since it was updated regularly it was in top shape.
I only use it as a radio tuner. I didn’t remember that an addon named Radio had to be activated to play a radio station - now I know!
In the olden days I could select my preferred stations by simply selecting them from a Menue called “Favorites” (?).
This feature is something I didn’t find up to now. “Search for station” yields correct results, whereas the same function under “Add custom station” only registers my search but shows no result.
By the way - how can I get rid of this old search queries?
Thank you for your valuable help

Well if you updated regulary than your current system should be identically (besides your customizations).

After you found the station just click the button for context menu and chose “Add to Favourites” and the station will be add to the Favourites main menu. As I actually mainly use a single Radio station I assigned it a main menu entry.
Screenshot from 2021-01-07 09-10-03

Not sure where you see that, maybe you want to share a screenshot?
Also for specific Addon questions might get better help here
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=119362

Thank you.
I have problems with inclusion of a screenshot. I can take a screenshot, but this remains on the Raspberry and since I am communicating with you on a PC and I don’t know how to transfer this screenshot file from the Raspberry to the PC we have to stick to verbal communication. :frowning: .
The sreenshot you included shows a screen I have not seen yet. What do you mean by “button for context menu”? The only “Button” I see is the left arrow which opens a menue containing:
Order: ascending
Filter

Current playlist
Search
Party mode

but no
Add to 'My Stations"
…
…
…
Add to favourites.

I will look into the information available on the add-on creator link.

Thank you again - you enabled me to reuse OSMC

The “Context Menu” button on the remote control. So if you have not configured it it is the C key on the keyboard.

Just take a picture with your mobile phone :wink:

Yes, - you are wright - of course

I’m working with a keyboard connected to my OSMC.

This is a shot of a search result.
IMG_7818 Search result
And this is a shot of my left menue
IMG_7819 search result left screen 600x400

It would be very nice if you could sort out things here.

I have access to my pi via SSH. So, if needed I can make rudimentary changes be myself.

Thank you

If you have the keyboard connected to Pi then do what fzinken suggested

Allright that does the thing. But only when the station is selected and playing - not while searching (that’s what I tried as suggested by fzinken.).
Thanks

Really not sure how you are searching.
If I chose this point
Screenshot from 2021-01-07 21-54-16

Then type WDR
And on the next screen go down to e.g. WDR5 and press c I get this menu
Screenshot from 2021-01-07 21-54-57

1 Like