How to use Kodi on ATV1

G’day, y’all, I’ve just installed Kodi successfully on my old ATV1 (since it looks like Apple allows you to view iTunes content on this old hardware, but not to purchase anything).

Anyway, all went well with the install, but I cannot seem to find any instructions on how to download and install add ons.

I’m a newbie to Kodi, having used Windows all my life, so I probably need some very basic instructions; for example, how to add-on a web browser or YouTube.

Thanks in advance,

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. The Kodi wiki is a great resource for new users as well.

http://kodi.wiki/view/first_time_user

Hi @ActionA, thanks for your reply. I used the OSMC download, so thought this was where I could get help?

Thanks,

I just checked out the link you provided, and the default Kodi interface is different than the one I can see which is from OSMC. For example, I don’t have the menu item Add-ons.

Thanks,

Osmc is the operating system which just happens to include Kodi as the media center software. Your questions are specific to Kodi function and not specific to the operating system that it runs on. ie: you would probably have the same questions if you we’re to install Kodi on a Windows machine but Microsoft would be in no position to provide support specifically for Kodi software either.

Exploration of the entire interface is encouraged. You can change the interface to the Kodi default (Estuary) if it makes things easier for you.

@ActionA, thank you, that has helped a lot! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience, too, and this question can be considered as answered.

Keep in mind that the AppleTV has limited resources, so you may find that the more add-ons, and heavier skins you install, the more that the device becomes slower to respond.

IPTV has nothing to do with us

What I mean by tv kodi