How to watch Netflix Amazon Video and Plex in OSMC v18

Hi everyone. A while ago I put together a guide on how to Watch Netflix, Plex, and Amazon Video in OSMC Leia. Took a little work but has been working well initially, but I have been updating the guide as needed. For anyone who is interested you can find the guide here…

https://makingstuffwork.net/technology/install-netflix-amazon-prime-video-plex-raspberry-pi-kodi-osmc/

Hope you find this helpful! Cheers!

Nice one. Thx.
I’ll check it out one day if it works with a Vero device :slight_smile:So far my oldest has to get her driverś licence before we reactive any of the subscriptions :}

Nice ! A simple guide like this encourages me to try this myself !

Thank you! I typically run the steps in order before updating to verify it works so unless there are external factors it should work okay. :slight_smile:

Hi ! Thanks for this guide Osty. It is tough to find a guide which is up to date. However I am not able to access it. Can you check the url please ?

Thanks !

Edit: Nevermind, it was on my side, my vpn was messing around.

Glad you got it Matt, there is currently an issue with Widevine but there is a link to a fix listed in the comments to revert to the previous version of it at the top.

I now have Netflix running on my Pi 3+. Works beautifully at 720p and horribly at 1080p, as you’d expect. :slight_smile:

I guess the Pi is a lost cause for Netflix at 1080p/24; is there any realistic chance 1080p/24 will ever run smoothly on a Vero 4K+ ?

Possibly – some lower bitrate content already does.
Needs revisiting after v18 is final.

Off-topic, I know, but can that add-on be installed for Kodi running on the Nvidia Shield TV as well?

Howdy. I followed the above instructions to the letter. It said it had installed that devine thing ok, but when trying to watch anything on amazon prime I get:

11:27:45.417 T:1582818032 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to find license;hdcpEnforcementResolutionPixels in JSON string
11:27:45.417 T:1582818032 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: License update not successful (no keys)
11:27:45.418 T:1582818032 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Initialize failed (SingleSampleDecrypter)
11:27:45.418 T:1582818032 DEBUG: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Session::~Session()
11:27:45.421 T:1582818032 ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?mode=PrimeVideo_Browse&path=root-!!-Movies-!!-Comedy+Movies-!!-amzn1.dv.gti.80b1a8da-ef6a-0d2c-8dec-cfc3204e1ceb-!!-0OO3EI0WX74I0JQ44KM0DGWHPT-!!-0TZWQQRKB2Y86T8A5XXZQR5NWI]
11:27:45.421 T:1582818032 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()

Never mind, I followed these instructions and all well:

Hi Wibbleypants, it appears to be an add-on error that’s getting thrown. Both guides are using the same add-on so I am not sure why it wasn’t working. I will check into it and make sure things are still okay. In the mean time glad you found a way to get it working!

Cheers.

I tried yesterday with my RPi2 and the performance was pretty laggy.

Did I mess something up or it’s expect?

Pi2 will be a bit of a struggle.
An overclock may help.

I’m already at the “Turbo” settings, how far can I go? 1100MHz or should I increase - in small steps - the GPU?