How to watch Netflix Amazon Video and Plex in OSMC v18

Hi everyone. A while ago I put together a guide on how to Watch Netflix, Plex, and Amazon Video in OSMC Leia. Took a little work but has been working well initially, but I have been updating the guide as needed. For anyone who is interested you can find the guide here…

https://makingstuffwork.net/technology/install-netflix-amazon-prime-video-plex-raspberry-pi-kodi-osmc/

Hope you find this helpful! Cheers!

4 Likes

Nice one. Thx.
I’ll check it out one day if it works with a Vero device :slight_smile:So far my oldest has to get her driverś licence before we reactive any of the subscriptions :}

1 Like

Nice ! A simple guide like this encourages me to try this myself !

Thank you! I typically run the steps in order before updating to verify it works so unless there are external factors it should work okay. :slight_smile:

Hi ! Thanks for this guide Osty. It is tough to find a guide which is up to date. However I am not able to access it. Can you check the url please ?

Thanks !

Edit: Nevermind, it was on my side, my vpn was messing around.

Glad you got it Matt, there is currently an issue with Widevine but there is a link to a fix listed in the comments to revert to the previous version of it at the top.

I now have Netflix running on my Pi 3+. Works beautifully at 720p and horribly at 1080p, as you’d expect. :slight_smile:

I guess the Pi is a lost cause for Netflix at 1080p/24; is there any realistic chance 1080p/24 will ever run smoothly on a Vero 4K+ ?

Possibly – some lower bitrate content already does.
Needs revisiting after v18 is final.

Off-topic, I know, but can that add-on be installed for Kodi running on the Nvidia Shield TV as well?

Howdy. I followed the above instructions to the letter. It said it had installed that devine thing ok, but when trying to watch anything on amazon prime I get:

11:27:45.417 T:1582818032 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to find license;hdcpEnforcementResolutionPixels in JSON string
11:27:45.417 T:1582818032 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: License update not successful (no keys)
11:27:45.418 T:1582818032 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Initialize failed (SingleSampleDecrypter)
11:27:45.418 T:1582818032 DEBUG: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Session::~Session()
11:27:45.421 T:1582818032 ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/?mode=PrimeVideo_Browse&path=root-!!-Movies-!!-Comedy+Movies-!!-amzn1.dv.gti.80b1a8da-ef6a-0d2c-8dec-cfc3204e1ceb-!!-0OO3EI0WX74I0JQ44KM0DGWHPT-!!-0TZWQQRKB2Y86T8A5XXZQR5NWI]
11:27:45.421 T:1582818032 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()

Never mind, I followed these instructions and all well:

Hi Wibbleypants, it appears to be an add-on error that’s getting thrown. Both guides are using the same add-on so I am not sure why it wasn’t working. I will check into it and make sure things are still okay. In the mean time glad you found a way to get it working!

Cheers.

I tried yesterday with my RPi2 and the performance was pretty laggy.

Did I mess something up or it’s expect?

Pi2 will be a bit of a struggle.
An overclock may help.

I’m already at the “Turbo” settings, how far can I go? 1100MHz or should I increase - in small steps - the GPU?

Now we have Kodi 18 us this still the preferred method to install amazon and Netflix?

Also, will they stream 4k/hdr/atmos?

Thanks

Yes to the first question

No to the latter unfortunately

Sam

1 Like

Strewth my linux skills have deserted me.

I followed the guide linked in the OP, skipping the raspberry pi / update to kodi 18 from nightlies.

Everything (all the python tools, the dependencies etc) installed flawlessly

At this step, however:
Netflix Configuration

Settings -> Add-on browser -> My add-ons -> Video Add-ons -> NetflixSelect ConfigureUnder Account, select Switch Accounts and enter your login information.

There’s no entry for NeflixSelect.

Perhaps using wget left the files somewhere kodi can’t find them?

Feeling very iuseless today…

Just noticed this is in a Pi specific thread. Is there a different (or any) way to get netflix on vero4k?

Works good and easy to install.