How will I not pay extra taxes when importing from UK?

What does this mean?
However as the last place of manufacturing for Vero 4K+ is the UK, we enjoy preferential rates of duty between the UK and EU as per the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement signed on 30/12/20.

Could you please in specific terms explain what I will be paying all in all if ordering a Vero 4K+ to Denmark?

Does not always work though. Ie there are countries and regions that do not accept DDP. Best has always been to ship ex VAT and let the receiving country add VAT.

This is why we changed the policy. Because Post Norde (Sweden) were more than happy to double collect charges despite us providing proof that the fees had been paid (Skatteverket).

You should contact your local customs authority or postal service for full clarification. We are sending the goods DDU now – and not covering any fees on our side as of 01/07. This might change in the future, but the IOSS scheme is still not properly rolled out in the EU and is causing more troubles than just sending the goods.

Ah… Sigh. Yes, they are complete idiots. They routinely return goods to the sender (which takes up to a year) because they do not understand the customs declaration. I had a lenghy discussion with them and tariff code, plus description was not enough. So “8481709800 Disk Emulator” was not enough. They wanted further explanations altough I am quite certain they do not have the capability to understand… They also returned a package of memory modules from France to Finland! For chrissake, they have absolutely nothing to do with transit goods. They are complete morons as far as I am concerned and I try to avoid to ship anything to Sweden.

1 Like

Post Norde is indeed a nightmare – at least the Swedish side. They have returned goods before saying ‘No Customs Declaration’ when the CN22 is clearly attached and visible and the item has electronic customs data attached to it.

The cynic in me suggests that this is an attempt to generate revenue via ‘handling fees’.

It’s something we’ll adapt and learn to deal with. The IOSS scheme is still not fully implemented across the EU, with some member states saying they are not ready at all yet. And it’s interesting to see that Post Norde’s incompetence extends to goods that are in free circulation (France to Finland).

@sam_nazarko Do you happen to know which option would be cheaper. Sending to Denmark or to Germany? I am asking because I live in the border region so both options are available for me.

Germany has a lower VAT rate, and you avoid Post Norde. You should get a faster service to Germany.

Sam

Ok, another question. I actually never ordered anything from outside of Germany except for when I ordered my first Vero 4K+, but that was back when the UK was still a EU member. Do I have to do anything myself when I order another Vero or how does this work?

If there are fees, you will be contacted by your local post (they usually put a card through your door). You pay the fees and the item is delivered.

1 Like

To Denmark it will cost £99 +25% + £20 = £145!

If OSMC is registered for VAT in the UK, then the £99 will include UK VAT and that should be deducted from the cost when shipping abroad. I suspect it is not registered as there is no mention of VAT on the checkout page. This means the Vero costs £99 in the UK and £99 + VAT in Europe. If the order is more than €150, then customs charges will also be applied.

There may also be service charges from the shipping company (the £20 mentioned by djondjoe). In my recent experience the shipping companies see this as an easy way to make money so I’ve given up buying stuff from the UK. If the product is not available through a local agent then I find an alternative.

So I just placed an order for a Vero, delivery address in Germany. Will post an update when I know how much I have to pay in total.

Yes - however the shipping to the rest of the world is significantly more expensive than the UK, which is why we keep a consistent price. Particularly at the end of 2020, when couriers introduced air supplement charges which saw shipping to some destinations triple in price and increased costs associated with exports (difference packing materials for domestic vs international market; forwarding costs)

In the case we do move back to sending DDP, we want to keep that consistent price as well to avoid confusion.

@sam_nazarko Do you have a rough number on how many shipments were made to Germany since 1st July 2021?

We are shipping there every day - doesn’t seem to be a drop in order volume, but sales numbers aren’t published.

I’m just interested if the delivery time has increased drastically since July, because my order #33436 from 11th August still hasn’t arrived.

Hi

I’ve checked for you. We’re not really seeing customs delays to Germany and things seem to be running smoothly.

I didn’t ship it until 18/08 (you should have received tracking) because after releasing the update, things got busy on the sales side and keeping on top of issues and emails, which I’m still behind on.

It arrived in Frankfurt on 20/08. So you will get it in a few days.

Just in case you didn’t get details, I’ve sent you a link via PM to track your item which is now with Deutsche Post. We’re splitting shipments between Deutsche Post and GLS currently to see which is fairing better in the long run – too many reports of GLS leaving ‘you weren’t in’ cards and asking customers to collect or re-arrange delivery.

Sorry for the delays!

Sam

1 Like

Just wanted to post the promised update. Here is what I paid for a delivery to Germany:
117.18 € ~ 99 £ at an exchange rate of 1.183636 and a surcharge of 0.30486 % (Vero 4K+)
2.20 € tariff (customs)
6.00 € service fee (Deutsche Post)

So in total I paid 125.38 € ~ 107,51 £

1 Like

Btw it arrived on Monday, but the status on Deutsche Post website didn’t update, so I went to my apartment today to check if I had any note in my mailbox. They left a note with the pick-up location and the fees I have to pay on pickup.

That’s annoying. I don’t know if you put a number at the checkout, but we do pass that phone number to the delivery company, so they could’ve called.