[HowTo] Install Radarr v3

I am using vim but you can use nano as it’s installed by default. So where you see vim in a command just transpose it with nano if you prefer

Download this file onto your system: (Note: The link below will target the Linux .NET Core arm64 file. Replace if needed with the file from Radarr)

wget --content-disposition ‘https://radarr.servarr.com/v1/update/master/updatefile?os=linux&runtime=netcore&arch=arm64

Uncompress to /opt

tar -xvzf Radarr*.linux-core-arm.tar.gz --directory /opt/

Next, grant the required permission to your install directory recursively:

sudo chown -R osmc:osmc /opt/Radarr

Now here is what tripped me up when trying to start up the service. It may change in future releases as I think it’s a bug, but I had to make the Radarr file in /opt/Radar/ executable

chmod +x /opt/Radarr/Radarr

Now create the systemd service to start it at boot

sudo vim /etc/systemd/system/radarr.service

[Unit]
Description=Radarr Daemon
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
User=osmc
Group=osmc
Type=simple
ExecStart=/opt/Radarr/Radarr -nobrowser -data=/home/radarr/.config/Radarr/
TimeoutStopSec=20
KillMode=process
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Save & Exit

:wq

Now enable the service

sudo systemctl enable radarr

Start the service

sudo systemctl start radarr

Lastly, check it’s running

sudo systemctl status radarr

Now open up a browser from your computer (on the same network) and enter

<IP_ADDRESS>:7878

Where <IP_ADDRESS> is the IP of your OSMC box

2 Likes

Thanks! Could you make the instructions with preformatted text

like this so it can be copied and pasted better without added makeup

P.S. I tried this on a fresh OSMC install on the Vero 4k+ and it doesn’t work…

Hi,

I tried the installation, but the service does not start:

• radarr.service - Radarr Daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/radarr.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2021-04-25 19:53:44 -03; 3s ago
    Process: 9147 ExecStart=/opt/Radarr/Radarr -nobrowser -data=/home/radarr/.config/Radarr/ (code=exited, status=203/EX
    Main PID: 9147 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Apr 25 19:53:44 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Apr 25 19:53:44 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Apr 25 19:53:44 osmc systemd[1]: Stopped Radarr Daemon.
Apr 25 19:53:44 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Apr 25 19:53:44 osmc systemd[1]: radarr.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Apr 25 19:53:44 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to start Radarr Daemon.

Can you help me please?

What device are you installing on?

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. I’m installing on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3.

I also had problems with
wget --content-disposition ‘https://radarr.servarr.com/v1/update/master/updatefile?os=linux&runtime=netcore&arch=arm64

You’ve specified the arm64 version, while OSMC userspace programs should normally run as armhf (32-bit). The arm64 version doesn’t run on a Pi4, which has a 64-bit kernel:

osmc@osmc:~$ file /tmp/Radarr/Radarr 
/tmp/Radarr/Radarr: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1, for GNU/Linux 3.7.0, BuildID[sha1]=e9dc07935d10be64346845a53d1fcea6eeff65a1, stripped
osmc@osmc:~$ ldd /tmp/Radarr/Radarr 
	not a dynamic executable

The arm (32-bit) version works but the job will fail because it wants to write its config file to /home/radarr, which doesn’t exist. It should be /home/osmc.

4 Likes

This worked for me. Thanks

The OP did not work for me on Vero 4k+ with the same error message as for others above, but the 32-bit and osmc user path fix fixed it for me on Vero 4k+.

For convenience, the 32-bit version can be wget with (the quotes in the OP do not work on linux):
wget --content-disposition "https://radarr.servarr.com/v1/update/master/updatefile?os=linux&runtime=netcore&arch=arm"

The ExecStart line in the radarr.service text file should be:
ExecStart=/opt/Radarr/Radarr -nobrowser -data=/home/osmc/.config/Radarr/

Use only two double quotes " around the link (not one weird quote only in the beginning) and it should work fine.

Sorry for the delay to reply.

It’s Raspberry Pi 3. I managed to install it correctly with the tips from colleagues above.

I installed the 32-bit ARM version and changed the line below in the service file:

ExecStart=/opt/Radarr/Radarr -nobrowser -data=/home/osmc/.config/Radarr/.

Thank you all.

Just registered to say: THANK YOU!
I updated from v2 to v3 on Vero 4K and couldn’t manage to make it work using any of the tutorials online. Using this post + your specific answer worked like a charm! :slight_smile: