[HowTo] qBittorrent on OSMC

Hi hello, for me the title is irritating. I would expect from this article how get the GUI running because you can’t access features from WebGUI - for me it would be the RSS-Downloader which is still on a feature-wishlist for several years.

It is said in the first post:

sudo apt-get install qbittorrent

Not installing… so far it’s easy. But I do not know …

:dart:

I do not find any icon or menu to open it.

Thanks for the Link but that is quiet the same like this article – it does not hit the point. I am still looking for the qBittorrent GUI on OSMC, not the WebUI. The WebUI is to easy and lightweight – I am looking for the hard stuff. :innocent:

At the moment my conclusion is still the same: It is not (well) documented how to run the qBittorrent GUI without a X Server etc. running on OSMC, which is an other issue. It relies still on the elementary WebUI which does not support all features. But is more handsome and has still more functions than Transmission :disappointed: or Deluge :scream:.

Hi.

I have Rasppbery PI and OSMC. I followed your instruction and if I run it with “qbittorrent-nox” command qbitt is working. But when I start it with a script qbittorrent-nox-daemon I get this error:

Job for qbittorrent-nox-daemon.service failed. See ‘systemctl status qbittorrent-nox-daemon.service’ and ‘journalctl -xn’ for details.

systemctl status qbittorrent-nox-daemon.service shows this:

• qbittorrent-nox-daemon.service - LSB: Starts QBittorrent
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/qbittorrent-nox-daemon)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2015-11-02 17:23:51 CET; 5min ago
    Process: 2093 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/qbittorrent-nox-daemon start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

journalctl -xn shows:

– Logs begin at Sat 2015-10-31 17:09:54 CET, end at Mon 2015-11-02 17:34:21 CET. –
Nov 02 17:34:09 osmc sudo[2136]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by osmc(uid=0)
Nov 02 17:34:10 osmc sudo[2136]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Nov 02 17:34:15 osmc sudo[2149]: osmc : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/var/log/deluged ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/etc/init.d/qbittorrent-nox-daemon start
Nov 02 17:34:15 osmc sudo[2149]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by osmc(uid=0)
Nov 02 17:34:16 osmc systemd[1]: qbittorrent-nox-daemon.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Nov 02 17:34:16 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Starts QBittorrent.
– Subject: Unit qbittorrent-nox-daemon.service has failed
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: systemd-devel Info Page

– Unit qbittorrent-nox-daemon.service has failed.

– The result is failed.
Nov 02 17:34:16 osmc systemd[1]: Unit qbittorrent-nox-daemon.service entered failed state.

I’ve changed USER in the script as you wrote it. Any ideas?

SOLVED. It looks like deleting bottom line solved the problem.

. /lib/lsb/init-functions

Using qBittorrent on a light box like a Raspberry might not be preferred. If you need the features you mention (RSS feeds, order), rTorrent is more lightweight. In all other cases Transmission is really recommended for such devices.

If you want to use RSS, why not do it the right way and go for Flexget. You’ll be able to automate downloading of video content and subtitles and organize everything correctly including updating Kodi Library per-downloaded file automatically (per downloaded file means a very quick efficient library update).

I only have experience on Windows with QB, but I did research a lot of fora before choosing Transmission (combined with Flexget, but you can also consider Sickrage).

qBittorrent works fine… on a Pi 2. It worked fine on my Pi 1 with Raspbian as well, with OSMC I don’t know…

Hi I can’t seem to get it starting on update I have followed the steps line for line, I am a newbie so please help me out.

ERROR:
How do I fix this?
insserv: Script qbittorrent-nox-daemon is broken: incomplete LSB comment.
insserv: missing Required-Start:' entry: please add even if empty. insserv: missing Default-Start:’ entry: please add even if empty.
insserv: missing Default-Stop:' entry: please add even if empty. insserv: script qbittorrent-nox-daemon provides system facility $remote_fs, skip ped! insserv: script qbittorrent-nox-daemon provides system facility $syslog, skipped ! insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for script q bittorrent-nox-daemon’
insserv: Default-Stop undefined, assuming empty stop runlevel(s) for script `q bittorrent-nox-daemon’

ok guys i redid everything over and over again and this is the last error I got seriously annoying please help

• qbittorrent-nox-daemon.service - LSB: Starts QBittorrent
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/qbittorrent-nox-daemon)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2016-03-08 15:30:08 GMT; 13min a go

Hi after hours and hours of tryna get this to run at startup this method did not work for me,
but this did:

Here it is a more generic version of the .service file, also with instructions on how to set-up:

1. In order to create the .service file you can use the following command from terminal:

Code: [Select]

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/qbittorrent.service

1. Once created, copy the following basic .service configuration and paste it inside the previously created file:

[Unit]
Description=qbittorrent-nox
Documentation=man:qbittorrent-nox
DefaultDependencies=yes
After=network-online.target nss-lookup.target
Before=multi-user.target

[Service]
User=insertyourusername
Group=insertyourusergroup
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox [-options]
Nice=10
StandardError=null
StandardOutput=null
TimeoutSec=360s

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

1. Before saving, please modify the user and usergroup variables to fit your own needs. Also, remember to pass any options to the qbittorrent-nox deamon by appending them at the end of the ExecStart line. ( for example, if you want to use a different port then add the --webui-port=8082 at the end of the line. The complete line should then read: ExecStart=/usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox --webui-port=8082).

2. Use the following command to update systemctl service and create symlinks:

sudo systemctl enable qbittorrent.service

1. Finally run qbittorrent-nox using the following command:

sudo service qbittorrent start

so the last two commands are important

now do a sudo nano /etc/rc.local

and insert

systemctl enable qbittorrent.service
service qbittorrent start

now it will run at bootup of the pi possibly other systems as well

No need to add any of this stuff to rc.local.

To enable the systemd service to start at boot you would issue the command sudo systemctl enable qbittorrent.service once after the service file is created. This will configure it to start on boot.

BTW the correct way to manually start a systemd service is sudo systemctl start servicename - sudo service servicename start is the old deprecated sysv init way of starting a service.

Thanks for all the infos!

I would like to clean the HowTo on the first post, how should I modify it? Or even better, what should replace it?

Simply edit the first post

Thanks Captain Obvious. :stuck_out_tongue:
I meant the content of the first post.

First post in this thread ?
You can edit any post that you posted originally.
Since you made the first post in this thread, you can also edit it.
just click the edit icon for that post.

Not sure if serious…

I think he wants to edit the original post