[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

Hi mcobit, I would like to share with you all some of my findings. I hope they will be somehow useful to you
0. At start I would like to make a note that I have bluetooth audio streaming enabled → [Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) - #145 by Dilligaf

1. you have a small typo in your installation script - line 120.
    wget --no-check-certificate -w 4 -O /home/osmc/RetroPie/scripts/retropie_watchdog.sh.1 https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mcobit/retrosmc/**´**master/scripts/retropie_watchdog.sh
  2. As I wrote earlier amixer set PCM 100 command doesn’t work for me. This one however does amixer set 'Master',0 100%
  3. I’ve encountered also some issues with pulseaudio, especially when it is running (confirmed via ps -A)
    a) when I go to retropie-setup script and go to audio options (menu 300 Configure audio settings) whatever option I choose I got na ERROR message. Options from 1 to 3 give me “ALSA lib pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Access denied. amixer: Control default open error: Connection refused
    and option 4 (mixer) gives me “ALSA lib pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Access denied. cannot open mixer: Connection refused”.
    BUT when I kill pulseaudio, this menu seems to be working fine.
    b) if pulseaudio is killed, it is executed automatically again together with launching emulator. This is causing that emulator is stuck on black screen. In es_log file I can see “lvl2: req sound [basic.launch]/ lvl2: (missing)”. However once pulseaudio is killed again, emulator continue to load and game can be played
    c) for instance in GBA I can hear clear music from games :). Unfortunately in SNES not
    d) when I quit emualtor and go back to ES, suddenly sounds when changing options in ES can be heard. Once pulseaudio is killed from SSH, silence is back.

in general, there are huge issues with pulseaudio. Whenever emulator freezes, kill pulseaudio solves the issue, game can be loaded and played

I hope the above findings will help you in solving issues reltae to sound :slight_smile: