Howto update/compile qbittorrent-nox

Hello, I´m new to OSMC, found it works great, but when I installed qbittorrent-nox I got an old, unsupported version (3.1.10-1). I would like to know if there is a way to get an updated version, either by adding a ppa or eventually compiling it from source. Thanks!

just follow the instructions on their github

just make sure to install build essensials

sudo apt-get install build-essential rbp-userland-dev-osmc pkg-config

dont forget

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-gui --with-boost-libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/

so you dont get a gui

ps if you fail at your own, i could make a howto for it since there doesnt seem to be one on the howto section but please try on your own first.

Hi Toast, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ve managed to successfuly compile it. Based on what you suggested, and the howto you mentioned, this is what I did, in case anyone is interested:

Required dependencies

sudo apt-get update

General:
sudo apt-get install build-essential rbp-userland-dev-osmc pkg-config
sudo apt-get install libboost-dev libboost-system-dev

QT5:
sudo apt-get install qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev-tools

Libtorrent:
Can’t use the one in the repository as it doesnt meet the minimum version required by qbittorrent, so we have to compile it from source (took about 3 hours in my raspi2)
Install extra dependencies first:
sudo apt-get install libboost-system-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-random-dev libssl-dev libgeoip-dev pkg-config
then download libtorrent 1.0.10 and compile it:
wget https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/releases/download/libtorrent-1_0_10/libtorrent-rasterbar-1.0.10.tar.gz
tar -xzvf libtorrent-rasterbar-1.0.10.tar.gz
cd libtorrent-rasterbar-1.0.10
./configure --disable-debug --prefix=/usr --with-libgeoip=system --with-boost-libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf && make clean && make
finally, install it:
sudo make uninstall
sudo make install-strip

Qbittorrent:
First download its source and compile it:
wget http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/qbittorrent/qbittorrent/qbittorrent-3.3.7/qbittorrent-3.3.7.tar.gz
tar -xzvf qbittorrent-3.3.7.tar.gz
cd qbittorrent-3.3.7
./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-gui --with-boost-libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
finally, install it:
make
sudo make install

Thats all, I finally have my qbittorrent-nox up and running! Thanks again Toast

1 Like

Awesome work :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi there,
any idea how to upgrade qbittorent to something like 4.1.x or above?

Should be the same

Just add the PPA and use the version matching the kernel version

I use Deluge this way for a long time w/o issue. Taking Cosmic should work at this time, arm package present on the PPA.

So how can one get the QT5.9 install on Debian 9 to compile this?

Considering i wrote that in 2016 almost 4 years ago i would consider this guide completely outdated my recommendation is too read from their github and see what they recommmend these days.

Well I managed to get it compiled somehow. If anybody is interested in compiled 4.2.5 that runs on Vero 4k let me know.