Huge problems after Easter update

Hi,

After pressing yes to the Easter update, my Aeon Nox skin has gone and doesn’t work, my menu settings have been reset, some of my addons don’t work and it all l feels a little depressing.

Can I roll back?

Have you tried to re-enable your Addons? Many Addons have been deactivated by default. Just reactivate or download them again. If they do not work afterwards they may not be compatible with KODi 18.

You can reinstall Krypton but i think that your Settings will be lost. Thats why it is recommended to do a Backup before upgrading.

Yes I have re-installed the trouble some add on but sill no joy.

I appreciate the hard work gone in to these updates. I just think that for such a huge update it may have been worth reminding us that it is time to make sure everything is saved. I have lost so much - and am struggling to find a decent skin on this now update.

We did try to make it clear that this was a significant update on the blog.

Unfortunately with major Kodi releases, add-on compatibility can’t be guaranteed

Sam

I understand.

There are also problems for me when I pause a video file and wait longer than about 20 seconds. When I unpause it - it takes a huge amount of time for the video to actually unpause. There are about 10 seconds of audio with the video to frozen. Is it something that needs to be reset or selected?

Help us help you by giving us a little more information, like are these videos locally stored, on a remote share, live TV via a plugin, YouTube videos, NetFlix…

Can you post a debug log of this? I wonder if it’s a key frame issue

I am trying - but I can’t even get into MY OSMC to retreive the log. It literally does nothing when I select it in program add ons.

Ok I think I have done it - some very weird goings on - some things are painfully slow:

https://paste.osmc.tv/vejufefure

Hi,

Is anybody looking into this?

Thanks

Well my gut feel tells me it is Addon related, suggest to do a clean start for testing to see if the Vero works OK without the Addon’s then you can think about to restore the different parts afterwards.

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
mv .kodi .kodi_backup
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

I would indeed disable all add-ons and slowly add one at a time.

Sam

Thanks gents - the Easter update appeared to activate some rogue ad on called ‘Chapp’ai’ - which I don’t even know what it is - and disabling that has worked

thanks.

As a side note - my bespoke sports add on I use needed a re-downloading of this zip file:

https://kodi-addons.club/addon/script.module.elementtree/1.2.8

I’m getting there. Appreciate your continued assistance and hope I didn’t come across as ungrateful

The maintainer of Aeon Nox is apparently letting one of the forks (Aeon Nox Silvo) Kodi Community Forum - Aeon Nox: Silvo take over as the main version due to lack of time to maintain it and fully update it to Leia (although it seemed to run fine for me on the nightly builds until it was removed from the repo, and apparently you can still side-load it)

disclaimer, I personally have had memory issues when running Aon Nox Silvo (as well as some of the other skins) when playing music, likely because of some helper plugin-or-other. I mostly am using lyrebird (the replacement for Mimic) at the moment, because although it’s not as flashy, or feature rich, it is more light-weight, and stable… Seems that many plugins expect much more memory than the 2G we have on the vero.

We would never install this add-on.
You are likely using some pirate add-ons and repos; so I have hidden this topic now.

Sam