Hyperion new installation

@lf_monteiro I’m running an installation of Hyperion like you describe in your OP, a Vero 4K and a Raspi 3B. Trust me, before you get them running together you want to figure out how to get it running on a single device. (Troubleshooting) electric wiring is an additional level of problems that might occur. If you haven’t done anything like it before, maybe plan a day or two on the weekend with multiple hours in a row.

For starters, stick to the tutorial on hyperion-project.org, and get it running on your Pi with OSMC.

If everything works, advance to step 2 and use hissingshark’s setup script to compile and run it on the Vero as a client. Change the one on the Pi to behave as a server. I also posted the initial setup and both configs in the Hyperion thread.

Good luck!

€dit: Another tip: Don’t buy the corner connectors linked in the tutorial at point 12 of the hardware list. Their click-in mechanism is unreliable and once they punched through a stripe, the stripe is bound to that connector forever. Use these L-shaped ones instead. You can slide in the stripes on both ends and they push down on the electrical connection. It’s firm but non-damaging and will also get you nice 90 ° edges.

2 Likes