Hyperion - who here uses it?

I dont know anything about Hyperion, and would like to know how the settings are managed for it.

All settings are managed through a JSON based config file located under /etc/hyperion.config.json.
To ease the initial setup, there is a Java tool that can generate this file for you.
You should check out the official GitHub page.

Thanks, thats very helpful.

Working on a package with gui settings? :smile:

Maybe.

Don’t really need gui, but the app/package would be nice :smile:
The only thing that’s holding me back for a reinstall actually…

How can i run the java Tool? I am using windows and have tried to run it but I have no idea… sorry and thanks for your help…

Make sure Java is installed. Download the JAR file. Open CMD and navigate to the download location. Now type “java -jar HyperCon.jar”

I got:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/hyperio
hypercon/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
Could not find the main class: org.hyperion.hypercon.Main. Program will exit.

I think you get this error when your installed Java version is lower than the one the program has been compiled with. Are you still using Java 6? You probably need at least Java 7, better yet 8.

thanks i will update to 8, and post results

The gui would probably only be a way to grab the settings files from somewhere and restart the service (and maybe play a test file). That would at least allow for quick iteration of settings files.

I suppose it might be good to have the led image processing area shown on-screen. But that would be something for a generic Hyperion Kodi app.

FlutterRage
I did the config file as you suggested, and the file is ready to be tested.
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it very much