Hyperion with WS2812b not working after latest updates

Thank you for the hints so far.

@penfold42: Yes, that is correct: I’ve got RPi2 and it did work with WS2812b. Really :smile:
However, now, after Snooker216’s post, I’m beginning to wonder if - after all - I had made any modifications. While I totally don’t remember having made any, it’s only this or an issue with a library (or tool, whatever which is used even if I try to use an older kernel) that would explain the present situation.

my setup stopped working, too…

Grey, we had this discussion be more constructive please.

its not a big ask but in order for us to get a better understanding of why stuff breaks we cant just get those kinda comments, cause that doesn’t help us or you

Hey !

@thewsz I am exactly in the same situation, and don’t know whats wrong actually. I have RPi2, OSMC, and WS2812B with Hyperion. Everything worked well and since 2 days nothing. I will check my LEDs with an arduino but if someone got any explanation ?

Thanks and Happy new year !

Even if I did make some custom modifications to Hyperion earlier, I’m unable to repeat them now with success: I tried using a binary of hyperiond, compiling it from one fork or another one, or yet another one - got all of them compiled(with -DENABLE_WS2812BPWM=ON ) fine but none working :frowning:

The last one gives on launch:
WS2812b DMA 0 used! 0000:0011:0010:1000 0001:1000:1100:0001 (DMA Control register state) WS2812b DMA 1 used! 1000:1100:1111:0110 1010:1110:0100:0001 (DMA Control register state) WS2812b DMA 2 used! 1110:0000:1010:1001 1001:0010:1100:0011 (DMA Control register state) WS2812b uses DMA: 3 Page map: 1 pages Page 0 not present (pfn 0xa100000000022f9c) Naruszenie ochrony pamięci (the last line means memory protection violation).

In general I kind of tried to use the info from this post and the related thread (the same one as mentioned by @Snooker216) - no luck.

Next step for me is to learn how to drive the LEDs myself and then check the hyperion sources - or get hyperion to work with the library that I have confirmed the LEDs to still work with a couple of posts earlier in this thread, but this I’m not sure when I’ll have the time for, so hopefully somebody else already with the necessary knowledge can get around to it sooner :confused:

PS. Best of luck in the New Year!

Hi, it’s not only RPi2 problem. I’m using RPi B and it stoped working after 2015.10-1 update. Just updated to 2015.12-4, still does not work. Hyperion status - running, but leds do not respond.

Hi,
are there any news regarding the updates?
I’ve tested any option mentioned before, but nothing works w/ my RasPi1.
Or is there any workaround that actually works? :slightly_smiling:

Thank you!

Hi
I am planning on setting up Hyperion on my OSMC build so am curios to know if this is still an issue after the latest OSMC build the other day?
Is/was it only an issue with Hyperion and WS2812b LEDs or were/are all LEDs used with Hyperion not working ?

Please advise as I need to decide if I should go with WS2812b or more simWS2801.
Thanks

Go with WS2801 as you can use the spi interface then. Easier and you don’t have to sacrifice analog audio.