I accidentally setup OSMC with wired internet connection, and I want to change it back without redownloading OSMC

I accidentally setup OSMC with wired internet connection, and I want to change it back without redownloading OSMC.

Is there any possible way I could do this without having to redownload OSMC onto my raspberry pi?

Go into MyOSMC - Networking. Have a look around.

2 Likes

I had the opposite problem when my WiFi dongle stopped working and I needed to switch to wired. Problem was I couldn’t navigate the osmc menus to change anything cos the remote app on my phone couldn’t find the raspberry pi on the network.

A USB mouse saved the day.

Just for future reference, where does osmc store it’s network configuration? If its an editable text file on the micro sd card it could be edited on another machine.

Network configuration is stored by connman in /var/lib/connman in a file called settings within a seperate subfolder for each network interface.

You are not supposed to edit those directly but at a pinch you could edit it on a different machine, however it would need to be a Linux machine that could mount the ext4 file system.