Icons disappear after reboot

Official add-ons are usually fine and don’t cause issues.
I’ve personally never had them cause stability issue or crashes.
On the other hand I have used (and occasionally tested to try find user problems) a few unofficial ones, that cause consistent periodic crashes and other issues.

In either case, it’s always best not to have addons, when trying to diagnose a problem, and then add them one at a time to see if they are causing issues.

Even more important when switching major versions of Kodi.

But back to this weird problem…
I’ve crazy busy lately with real life, but when I get a chance, I’ll download the latest image and install it to see what happens.
I’m running the latest version, but that was from updating the February version.

thanks, but the problem stems from clean install with shortcuts from addons that come with the system install. I’m not adding anything at all. its very very bizarre

and its from the 2 scenarios also, updating from the last build, and from the very latest build also

Yeah. I know :slightly_smiling:

I was just simply commenting on why we have issues solving problems with certain addons installed.
I agree it is bizarre.

I’ll do a test install of both USB and HDD and post logs from them.

EDIT: oh ? updating from February also does it ?

Do the logs from multiple machines show both root (ext4) and boot (hfs) filesystems are read only ?

What does the command mount show ?

hi spinner. see all that sudo stuff is all double dutch to me unfortunately. i can run installers, configure kodi etc through the gui, but coding and the lark I have a mental block. at the moment, I am downloading the apple os, to restore one box to original apple, the run the osmc agin. if it happens again after that, ill have to leave it to you guy cos at that stage it would defo be an issue with osmc. cheers spinner

Just to chime in, I am also experiencing this with a fresh install using the Neon skin.

Just noticed it today.

I haven’t done any logging yet, but I can try to upload some tomorrow to give you another example.

Logs from a fresh install with confluence as the selected skin and no addons installed would be awesome, if it exhibits the same problem.

I need to re image one of my apple tv’s anyway. I’ll do some testing with a clean install and no add ons.

I think the image I was having problems with was the 2016.01.01 so I will retest with 2016.02.03

hi spinner / sam

ok ive even gone so far as to download apple os, re install apple os, then install latest osmc, do shortcuts of standard kod video add ons on home screen, and…same thing happenes on reboot , icons disappear. spinner toughed on this that the installer may be creating read only partitions thtt wont allow these particular settings to be saved? anyhow, over to you guys now thanks. something is amiss here

hi sam welcome back. could I ask you to look at my questions / comments on the topic re: addon shortcuts being deleted pleas thanks

Please don’t threadjack unrelated topics!

1 Like

hi action a welcome back. could I ask you to look at my questions / comments on the topic re: addon shortcuts being deleted pleas thanks

hi action a welcome back. could I ask you to look at my questions / comments on the topic re: addon shortcuts being deleted pleas thanks

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258557&highlight=jarvis+skin+settings