Icons disappear after reboot

hi spinner, how are you keeping?

I have installed latest osmc ont o a couple of atv1’s. something really weird is happening to the homescreen (confluence) . when I restart the box, osmc deleted all the 5 addons I would have just put on the homescreen, under videos. its happening on 3 boxes actually. ive ran the manual update to latest osmc Jarvis, but it just keeps doing it. can you help please. thanks. p

hi again. ok downloaded latest osmc hd installer, did the usb key and redid a box. same thing. nightmare. osmc is deleting add ons off the homescreen. it seems like its not retaining an memory of what was lst done on the box, after a rstart it brings it back to the beginning again, its resetting itself it seems

hi spinner - just to add its standard addons that come with kodo that its doing this to

can you help here please?

hi spinner and guys

is anyone else not experiencing this? thanks

hi sam, how are you keeping?

I have installed latest osmc ont o a couple of atv1’s. something really weird is happening to the homescreen (confluence) . when I restart the box, osmc deleted all the 5 addons I would have just put on the homescreen, under videos. its happening on 3 boxes actually. ive ran the manual update to latest osmc Jarvis, but it just keeps doing it. can you help please. thanks. p

the addons are standard kodi addon also

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

hi thanks for reply. but quite simply, on restart, all shortcuts to addons ons on home screen get deleted. that’s it

You clearly didn’t read the link.

I did read the link. ok thanks

We need debug enabled logs demonstrating the issue please.

that’s fine thank you

ok here is the info.i hope ive done it correctly

first. the debug with standard kodi addon shortcuts on homescreen

http://paste.osmc.io/doqozosoni

second, after reboot, shortcut icons disappeared

http://paste.osmc.io/regifidovo

this has happened on 5 apple 1’s, an evening and morning has been spent at it so far. thanks in advance for the help

Wow. You got 5 ATV 1 at home?

1. and a vero. and kodi on pc (:

sorry that was meant to say 6

guys anyone able to assist here please. there appears to be an issue here

I’m using confluence and Emminence 2.0 skin.

I’ve not experienced disappearing addon shortcut icons.

Your log shows this:
Mar 04 16:00:22 osmc kernel: VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) readonly on device 8:2.

For some reason the root filesystem on that system is read only.
I’d sudo fsck /dev/sda2 and reboot.

Hi spinner thanks for reply. Can I just say that this has happened and is happening with the last 5 apples I’ve done so there must be an issue here. I’m just running installer as usual .

So this is after a clean install ?
Which version of the installer ?
Looks like no addons installed yet ?

Usually a read only filesystem is due to an abnormal shutdown or crash.

Not only is the root filesystem readonly, so is the boot partition
Mar 04 16:00:25 osmc kernel: hfsplus: Filesystem was not cleanly unmounted, running fsck.hfsplus is recommended. mounting read-only.

Hi spinner. Yes all apples clean install using latest HDD installer. I was sure not to put any addons on cos you guys get upset about those. The apples would have had mostly openelec on previously , but one had the original apple is. All are behaving in exactly the same way its very bizarre and quite annoying I’ve lost a day at them now :expressionless: