IMX6 beta builds ?!

What’s the title of this thead? “IMX6 beta builds ?!”

Geexbox is pretty much dead for the imx6: http://www.geexbox.org/forum/topic/is-geexbox-dead/

But seriously, I didn’t come here for another “Go look at distro X” thread. If I wanted to run Geexbox or OE, I’d be on those forums (as I already am). Geexbox runs like shit on it as does OE. The message I’m getting from ALL of them is that iMX6 is unsupported, and will NOT be supported. So you ranting about going somewhere else isn’t helping any.

The reason I bothered to register for a forum account, is so I could see if I could get OSMC running on my cubox-i. Hope that cleared things up for you.

Now, are you going to help out or just continue being snarky?

Snaky no, just tired of users that have no basis for what they are saying just because users complain about a distro does mean that its dead…

Rudi is doing a terrific job just look at the thread on solid-run.

As i said before Geexbox or Xbian your choice is free.

XBian no longer boots with the Cubox-I.
http://xbian.org/forum/thread-2100-post-30173.html#pid30173

The only distro that seems to work ok is Archlinux.

I’ve had issues with Geexbox, though I admit, it’s more stable then OE.

It works fine if you flash an old image then update it. There’s a script on the solid-run forums, and I’ve added comments to get it working. My Cubox i4 works perfectly. With the latest monthly update (with a few packages held back, of course).

If anyone can tell me where to upload an image, I’ll put one up so people can just flash it and go. It’d be from an i4, no idea if it would work on others.

Unfortunately, we only have Vero hardware (dual-lite i.MX6) products to work with. I have heard OSMC does not boot properly on a CuBox-i4, but no one has provided any logs or feedback, so I am not sure where the problem may lie.

I advise you just use an older OSMC image for other i.MX6 platforms. We won’t be developing OSMC on other i.MX6 boards due to a lack of vendor interest / support.

Sam