In my Network I only see folders but no files

Hello I recently installed OSMC to use my PI as mediaplayer. So for I’m generally loving it. Almost everything works like a charm.
The only problem I have is with my shared folders. I can see my (windows) PC without problems, log in without problems and navigate through all shared folders without problems. But for some reason I can’t see any files once I entered a folder that should have files.

How are you getting to that point? Are you going via videos files?
What kind of files are in that folders?

1 Like

I tried via Videos > Files > Add Video > Windows Network (SMB) There I can see my Workgroup and there all active PCs. If I “enter” my PC I see all shared folders.
The files are different. Some textfiles (.txt, .doc, or .docx), pictures(jpg, png) and videos(.mkv or .mp4).

I also tried looking for files via Settings > Filemanager

I think you are browsing to a “source”. Once selected, kodi will ask what type of files are here. You can specify (TV shows, Movies, etc) and that will trigger the scraper to look through that folder and identify the files inside. Alternately, you can not specify the filetypes, and the scraper will not trigger - you will just see the files.

Either way, once you add this folder “source”, you should be able to go back to Videos and see it there. Once you click on it now, you should see your files?

1 Like

Will only show you the folder (not individual files) that you would then add to your library. After they are added to your library you can then see the individual files (at least the ones that are supported by Kodi). Also it is recommended to separate videos and music to be able to add them in the different sections

1 Like

OK… I was to impatient again. After hitting OK the folder showed up and I was able to see all Files.
Thanks for the quick help and sorry for the kinda unnecessary thread.:sweat_smile:

I appreciate this thread and the light finally came on for me. Now the scrapers are working for me and loving the graphics.