In my RPi I can visualize Raspbian on VNC but not OSMC/Kodi

I installed the VNC server and can visualize Raspbian’s desktop through VNC on my mobile devices but not if I boot OSMC.

When the Rpi is running the OSMC OS, if I try to connect VNC from my tablet is just says “Connecting”.

If I do something like put the wrong port number, it does tell me right away that the port could not be contacted.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

So you also installed VNC server on OSMC?
How are you starting vncserver?
Which client are you using?

Ah, nope. It was installed on Raspbian using a command line, I thought it would apply to all installed OS’s.

Thank you

Nope obviously it is only for each OS.

Well, oopsies and very sorry, Mr. Obviously. Didn’t know condescending aholes could be mods.

There is no reason to react in such a rude way. Next time you want to get help, please, try to show more politeness.

Closing this topic, thx for your understanding.

1 Like

Congratulations on getting your entire thread closed, alienating the folks here to help, and outright insulting the person who provided the answer to your thread! What we can’t figure out is how someone running a dual boot system is too dim to understand that packages and programs don’t magically transcend all operating systems that just happen to be on the same sdcard!

4 Likes