In Vero 4k+ Hard drive won't unmount

I go to either video or file manager and keep pressing the back button till I get to the name of my hard drive. Next, I press the 3 lined button and then the safely eject button. It automatically goes back to the mounted drives and the drive is still there. What do I need to do to safely unmount the drive?

Some logs would be useful, as well as knowing how the drive is formatted

Cheers

The drive is formatted in exfat . So far, I have not found out how to get the logs.

When I click on remove safely, It just goes back to the highlighted drive

If I do not write to the drive, do I need to unmount the hard drive?

i think this is link to the log you need to help solve hard drive removal problem
https://paste.osmc.tv/ qicopidiju

Were you trying to remove the drive while you were actively playing back media from the same drive? If so, that is why the drive reported it was busy and rejected the unmount command. You might try (from the home screen) going to power and exit which will reload Kodi and then try safely removing again.

I wrote the above link instead of copying and pasting. It had the space after the /. If you look at the log, I think you would have to remove the space. Yes, I was playing a movie before I went backward all the way to the drive. I thought that I exited the movie. Was I wrong in thinking that. Also, I think that by not writing to the drive from the Vero, it is ok to exit without safely removing. Is this true?

Thanks, Don

vero2203

1m

I wrote the above link instead of copying and pasting. It had the space after the /. If you look at the log, I think you would have to remove the space. Yes, I was playing a movie before I went backward all the way to the drive. I thought that I exited the movie. Was I wrong in thinking that. Also, I think that by not writing to the drive from the Vero, it is ok to exit without safely removing. Is this true?

Thanks, Don

Will try power and exit. I think that should work and will let you know later if it works.

In the log I can see you starting the movie but I didn’t see where you stoped it. With the default keymap pressing back/return during playback takes you back to the UI but does not stop playback. If you press the stop button it does both.

It is true that you probably won’t cause any harm to the drive or its contents. There might be some issue with the mount but a reboot would sort that out and as your not using Kodi’s library feature this is probably even less of a concern. Best practice would still dictate unmounting the drive before unplugging it.

1 Like

strong text

1 Like

The unmounting works well now. Thanks for the info.
Don

2 Likes