Install failed: Please contact support. Hardware is faulty

Did you overwrite the eMMC? If so, it would need to be returned.

I did the same as the user above did and you sent him a PM that fixed it for him. Could you send me the same information? After a year I donā€™t mind if it bricks the box but I would like to try at least

Sorry ā€“ I thought I sent you some instructions via ticket regarding this before. Did you have success with this?

Sorry yes, you sent me a file to add to SD card but it still said the hardware was faulty. Is that the same thing you sent to the users above? If not can you PM me with the same info you sent the user above so I can try? Thanks

Yes ā€“ thatā€™s what I sent through.

Sam

Greetings, pretty linux/unix/htpc/kodi savvy owner of a nice Vero 4k+ here. Curiosity killed the cat for me too, thought Iā€™d try Coreelec on an SD with a toothpick method and it ended up messing the emmc partition structure from what I can tell so osmc installer fails.

If thereā€™s a few things to try before sending the unit (if thatā€™s an option) Iā€™d be glad to know and eager to give it a shot. The emmc doesnā€™t seem ruined far as I can tell and I can also boot an armbian from a USB drive or an SD card if needed and helpful.

Thanks for any insight, kind regards,

Dimitris.

You will need to contact the support email address. We might be able to restore the unit without it being returned

Sam