Install SickGear on OSMC running on RPi

Good day.

I trust that all is well.

Firstly apologies for making a new post on something that might have a thread already. Struggling to find a related thread.

For the last couple of months I have been having issue trying to run sickrage on my RPi. This morning I stumbled across SickGear, I follow the minimalistic looking guides on the net but to no success. I must admit that my skills with this kind of thing is abysmal.

Would it be possible to please help me with a guide please?

Kind Regards;
M

Is it this SickGear you’re refering to? https://github.com/SickGear/SickGear
Have you tried this one? Install SickGear [11] RaspberryPi · SickGear/SickGear Wiki · GitHub

I haven’t tried it, but I tried to install Snap and that works.

Good day @MitraMAi

Many thanks for your response, apologies for my belated response.

Your assistance in this matter is much appreciated!

Correct, I am trying the second link.

The Snap installation goes well, however when I run the sudo /snap/bin/sickgear command I encounter errors as per the below:

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo snap install sickgear

sickgear 0.25.25 from SickGear installed

osmc@osmc:~$ which sickgear

/snap/bin/sickgear

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo /snap/bin/sickgear

ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/lib/libarmmem.so’ from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/lib/libarmmem.so’ from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

Starting up SickGear from /var/snap/sickgear/common/data/config.ini

07:55:58 INFO TORNADO :: Starting SickGear on http://0.0.0.0:8081/

07:55:58 ERROR TORNADO :: Could not start webserver on 8081. Exception: <class ‘socket.error’>, Error: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted

07:56:28 ERROR MAIN :: Unable to start web server, is something else running on port 8081?

07:56:28 ERROR MAIN :: Launching browser and exiting

If it was me I’d report this here Issues · SickGear/SickGear · GitHub and see what they say, they surely know better than anyone else what their software needs.

1 Like

Hello!
Sorry for a late response. But I agree with jb2cool that maybe it’s better to seek assistance from the developers.
At a quick glance it looks like some other service is running at port 8081. So maybe there’s an option to change the port, alternatively you turn off whatever is running on port 8081 before you start Sickgear.