Installed April Update, now got a new update pushed, did I miss something?

Toggling hdmi to PCM gets the audio working, that’s the work around I have been using.

Sorry, it was not dismissive… I’m just a ordinary guy who has NO idea how to do the command line stuff and logs stuff that are constantly referenced on these forums… I am a consumer, who just wants a box that works… I’ve raised a support ticket, No everyone is a techie… and not everyone feels comfortable having to use forms to get product support… thank you for the warm welcome, and good bye!

Hi Chris,

I believe that we got the first report of this only a couple of days ago. We will look in to this but need a couple of days to do so and work out what’s going on here.

You can use an older version of OSMC if the issue has indeed been introduced by the most recent update, but we expect to resolve this for you promptly.

There’s no need to do any command line stuff. If logs are needed for further information, then you can get them by going to My OSMC -> Logs using your remote.

Cheers

Sam

I’ve replied to Ticket 927416 with some advice on how to get this resolved for you promptly. You can view the response via the My Account page or reply via email

Sam

If you are comfortable with the commandline, go

nano ~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

change line 26 so it reads:

<dspaddonsenabled default="true">false</dspaddonsenabled>

Ctrl-X to save the file then

sudo systemctl restart mediacenter

I’ve no idea how dspaddons got set to true but it seems you can no longer turn it off using the gui. That fixes it for me - let me know if it does the same for you.

I switched the audio back to HDMI and made the change.

The audio is now working correctly with no pops or missing gui sounds.

Thanks.

Out if interest what is that setting?

Kodi once supported DSP add-ons (digital signal processors) but it seems to have been broken for a while. But yours was turned on for some reason.

Very odd. That file is not something that I have ever played around with.

Was all working fine until the update so I can only assume that was the cause.

Yes but until recently you could turn dsp addon support on with the gui so you might have done that, the effect of which didn’t show until the latest update.

Anyway, let me know if you get any other issues.

Edit: just realised you had gui settings set to Advanced. The DSP option is still there but only if you set the level to Expert.

I’ll add a patch to prevent the enabling of DSP, as is the case with Pi.

good, but make sure it’s off!

Yep, we just bail early in the enabling of it.

Please set the settings level to Expert, select Audio settings, scroll down to the bottom and turn off DSP processing.

1 Like