Installed CentOS minimal then osmc-installer, now what

On a pc I installed CentOS 7 minimal, then osmc-installer. Then I ran osmcinstaller and I get “qt_host_installer: cannot connect to X server”.

Obviously, there are a couple of more steps I have to take. Is there a tutorial somewhere? Also, I have no idea if this is the right place to post this, the whole osmc.tv site is a maze to me.

OSMC isn’t available for PC at this time. It is an operating system itself, so I’m not sure why you installed CentOS

I think you’ve installed the installer thinking it would give you OSMC. The installer is used to generate installation media for platforms; but PC isn’t one of them.

I followed Download --> Linux --> CentOS.

I am totally confused now. I’m looking for a simple install like LibreElec on my raspberryPi, but this time on a PC.

Sam may correct me, but as I understand “OSMC currently supports the Raspberry Pi, Vero, and Apple TV.” is a valid statement. - so, what device do you want to install OSMC on?
Regards
/L

We’ll start supporting PC when Kodi v18 is out.
LE runs on PC in the interim.

Sam

I have missed the “OSMC currently supports the Raspberry Pi, Vero, and Apple TV” on the download page. Sorry about that, and thanks for the help.

No problem. If you want to know when we will support PC, you can subscribe to our newsletter at About - OSMC.

Kodibuntu might also be worth a look too. It’s a full Linux OS like OSMC. It depends what you want, whether you only wank Kodi or you want the flexibility of Linux too.

Edit
Just realised that Kodibuntu is not supported any more.