Installer not seeing SD cards on OS X

Device: Raspberry Pi Model B 512mb (SD card, USB);
Using OS X 10.11.

I had Raspbmc, and later OSMC, running fine on my SD card and USB up until two weeks ago, when a family member accidentally removed the USB stick from the Pi.
The Pi didn’t boot after this happened, so I decided to reinstall OSMC on the SD + USB.
Unfortunately, I can’t seem to install OSMC on to any card in any way, whether it be from the installer provided on the website or through the use of dd.
How can I solve this issue? My Linux PC and Windows PC are not available at the moment.

TL/DR:

• OSMC installer not working on OS X 10.11
  • dd command not working either; no reaction.
  • sudo dd if=~/downloads/OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20150929.img of=/dev/rdisk3s1 bs=1m
  • What should I do now?

Is 10.11 El Capitan?

We don’t support that yet

Sam

Thanks for the quick reply Sam.
Some drastic changes were made to the ‘Disk Utility’ app in El Capitan, I guess that’s what’s causing the installer app to act up.

PS : Thanks for all your hard work and support over the years!

We will fix OS X El Capitan support soon enough. it is tricky for me as I don’t have direct access to a Mac

Sam

I hope you will find a solution to fix the installer soon Sam, more and more like us will upgrade to 10.11 in the upcoming days. We all want to enjoy the September release.
BR.
Xavier

Hi

I have fixed the issue in Git, but I have no Mac at hand to compile the new installer on.

Sam

Waiting on this too.
If you were to provide instructions on how to compile on a mac, I could give it a shot.

This post is over a year old. Please start a new one if you are experiencing issues.

There were some problems with macOS Sierra, but the latest installer has support for it. If you continue to have problems, upload a full log.

Oh oops didn’t notice. Was trying to be a good citizen and searched before posting.
Saw it’s the same issue.

Will open a new thread.
Where are the logs for the installer? (this post doesn’t mention those: How to submit a useful support request)

Check out Testing OS X installer

Please describe your OS X environment as much as possible.

Cheers

Sam

Hey, sorry, I dove into some output of diskutil and saw some weird stuff. Turns out the problem was with the physical micro-sd card to sd card adapter (contact issue with the RO toggle; it was not on RO, but read as if it was)

Glad you got it solved