Installing duplicati?

Hi, I was planning to install duplicati, though it’s not in available through the regular apt-get install command.

I’m new to osmc, and wondering if it’s ok to follow the software’s debian 10 install instructions:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian buster main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official.list

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install mono-devel

Duplicati requires mono which is quite “heavy”. What for do you want to use duplicati?
If you want to use it for backup of OSMC there are better (more native solutions).

Planning to back up files by using duplicati to connect to the storage service Backblaze. I have an attached HD to the vero. And would use duplicati to back up the files on the HD, which would be scheduled at night time when not using kodi.

Duplicati can encrypt files and has easy to use web interface. Though maybe will need to use something more lightweight?

Thanks

Well if you are familiar with duplicati you might want to stay with it. I guess the above steps as they are fore buster should work.

As Backblaze seems to also support restic that might be another option.

Yes, I did look at restic, which looks good. Though not quite 1.0 yet. Would there be any problems installing restic?

Should not as it is in the stable repository.

osmc@osmc-vero4k:~$ sudo apt-get install restic
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
  libjs-jquery libjs-underscore
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  restic
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 33 not upgraded.
Need to get 7,765 kB of archives.
After this operation, 20.5 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org/debian buster/main armhf restic armhf 0.9.4+ds-2+b1 [7,765 kB]
Fetched 7,765 kB in 3s (3,032 kB/s) 
Selecting previously unselected package restic.
(Reading database ... 32820 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../restic_0.9.4+ds-2+b1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking restic (0.9.4+ds-2+b1) ...
Setting up restic (0.9.4+ds-2+b1) ...
osmc@osmc-vero4k:~$ restic --help

restic is a backup program which allows saving multiple revisions of files and
directories in an encrypted repository stored on different backends.

Thanks, I’ll try restic. Good to learn something new