Installing OSCM with VGA666 + 15KHz + PI 3B+ (Sony PVM)

Hello,

I would like to use OSCM on a Sony PVM for watching old 4:3 content, or scaled down HD content. What is the best way to do it?

I have both VGA 666 and SCART to Pi. I added a few lines from CRT PI boot config regarding the timmings and resolution and I successfully entered the installation screen @ 240p with OSCM, but when the installation finished it went out of sync and no image. I inspected the config and it changed everything I added initially. I also see that there is a VGA666 overlay in the overlay folder but how to use it, especially at 15 kHz? Any ideas? Thanks!

Did you solve this with the advice in the other thread you found?

No

Note that on an update of the system, config.txt will be over-written. Use config-user.txt for any customisations.

If you post logs (use the command line and grab-logs -A) we can get a better picture of where you are.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like