Installing Veracrypt on Vero 4K

[Edit]

Hi all,

I’ve been using Veracrypt successfully on a Raspberry Pi 3, and now that I have a Vero 4K I’d like to install the same utility on the new hardware. Unfortunately I can’t find any information on Discourse, or elsewhere on the net regarding installation.

VeraCrypt - Free Open source disk encryption with strong security for the Paranoid hosts a specific build of Veracrypt 1.21 for the Pi (ARM v7), and Veracrypt 1.22 for some unspecified generic Linux. Unfortunately there’s no specific Arm 64 build listed.

There’s an Arm 64 build of Veracrypt 1.19 for Ubuntu 17.04 listed at arm64 build of veracrypt 1.19+repack-0vanir2~17.04 : Encryption software : Unit 193, although I can’t locate any links to download the resultant binaries. The specific processor is listed as ARM ARMv8.

Whilst I’m no stranger to compiling from source (for example I custom built FFmpeg on the Pi 3 to allow native audio/video recording from RetroArch, two years before it was officially included), I’m at a loss where to start. I don’t know for certain which Arm Processor the Vero 4K utilises; the specs simply state “Quad Core 1.6Ghz 64-bit processor”.
[Edit: I’ve since discovered that this is an AMLogic (S905X) Quad Core 1.6Ghz 64-bit processor. I need to investigate further]

Can anybody provide any hints to get me started?

Many thanks in advance

Install the armhf version for the Pi. If it works on the Pi, it will usually work on the Vero4K, though, the kernel build can sometimes be an issue.

FYI, the Vero4K uses arm64 only for the kernel. The rest of the code is armhf.

1 Like

Thanks for replying, I’ll give that a go and report back.
Much obliged.