IPTV Simple Client - Video buffering with Audio in Background

Hi

After last update I have issue with channels in Live TV client (IPTV Simple Client).

I have iptv channels in HD & SD, but most of the time when the advertisement shows (probably in the background is some change of video quality fps, resolution etc… or the original stream has 4:3 with black columns on both sides ) then the video stops, the client is trying again and again to re-buffer the video but nothing helps, just the audio is playing in the background.

It help just to switch the channel to different one and back.

Please help …

Does enabling (or disabling if it is currently enabled) omxplayer in video/acceleration settings help?

No, because this was happening also before I turned this feature on. It is somehow possible to debug it?

I didnt mention it, but this issue happens not each time, it is random but it happens at the conditions that I wrote above. :confused:

A debug enabled log may help. An example URL that has the problem so I can reproduce would also be useful.

How can I get these logs? Can you give me an advice?

I believe it is all here - so go have a read, and then post.
Derek

Thanks I will do that, very helpfull :slight_smile:

Here is the template for the issue debugging :

Device: Rasp Pi 2
Installation media: SDcard
Connection: Wired
Power Supply Type: Micro Usb
Power specs: Qoltec 5V, 2A
Peripherals: USB HDD
Storage Device (incl. Network Sharing Protocol): SMB
OSMC version: 2015.07-1
XBMC version:
13:47:27 14.601270 T:1957015552 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (15.1-RC1 Git:Unknown). Platform: Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit
13:47:27 14.601406 T:1957015552 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
Codecs: NONE
Audio/Video Output: HDMI
Overclocked: NO
Config.txt Extras: max_usb_current=1
LINK to uploaded logs in pastebin (must include COMPLETE Kodi debug log)
dmesg - http://paste.osmc.io/jucikosewo
journalctl - http://paste.osmc.io/ejokojobul
kodi.log - http://paste.osmc.io/uzonigemoh

Thanks

Hi popcornmix

Do I provide enough information for the debug process, or is there something missing that I can provide?

Thanks

Okay, the video codec is mpeg2 and you don’t have an mpeg2 licence.
In theory that should work with software decode if the resolution is not too high, but there was a bug that may cause a problem. That should have been fixed with Sunday’s update. Can you make sure you’ve updated and try again?

Thanks @popcornmix yesterday I downloaded the last update and I will check that for a couple of days, if the last update fixed the issue and of course I will let you know.

Thanks @popcornmix from the last update I do not have any issue like I mentioned before :smile:

Hi, i have same problem with vero 4k. I can’t get my streams to work anymore. They work on laptop, on pc, but not on vero :roll_eyes:

It used to work with no problem. After I click on channel, it works for like 5s and then it’s buffering for 30s, and so on…

I have no idea, I reinstall from scratch with no luck.

Logs, please.

In the future, responding to a 3 year old topic is not really a good idea, as your current problem probably has nothing to do with the original problem. Especially since you are using different hardware.

Ok, my bad. I can open new topic then. Are there instructions how to prepare log file?
Link a few posts before won’t work as I don’t have permissions for that topic.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

1 Like

Wow, this reporting is really easy. Thanks.

Here are the logs
Https://paste.osmc.tv/ugutejodow

Hi,

CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

I’m seeing this a number of times through out the the log, this could be an issue with stream or a network issue. First thing I checked being as this iptv, is to check the internet download speed from the command line:

issue the following:

curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python -

Check the download speed is consistent with your expected internet speeds, if not this could indicate a network problem.

I suspect your pc/laptop are playing the streams back using the cpu, rather than hardware acceleration. It could be something has changed with the streams from you iptv provider, you may find if you disable hard ware acceleration on the vero4k; the streams play as expected.

Thanks Tom.

Speedtest show this;

Hosted by T-2 d.o.o. (Ljubljana) [23.77 km]: 5.27 ms
Testing download speed…
Download: 8.62 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed…
.Upload: 10.14 Mbit/s
osmc@osmc:~$

This is enough for non hd stream.

I forgot to mention that about 2 months ago, everything worked fine.

I turned off all hardware acceleration, and the issue persist. The problem is just with strems from my country, all other streams work fine. However, on PC or laptop, there are no issues at all.